011

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JIA

"Really?" Sunghoon frowned. "You like red velvet right? Cause if you don't I can buy-"

Jia cut him off and smiled. "No it's fine. Red velvet is fine."

She mentally commended herself for being such a good liar. Though it was nothing to be proud of, to cover up this feelings she would need to master the art of lying. She ate a piece of the red velvet cake and immediately felt like she was in heaven. 

"Serendipity cafe really makes the best pastries." Jia said, eating the cake. "Thanks for getting me this. You really didn't have to."

Sunghoon smiled. "No problem."

"Do you want?" She offered but he refused. 

"For someone who claims red velvet isn't their favorite, you sure do eat a lot." He laughed but Jia just ignored him and continued eating. "If that isn't your favorite, what's your favorite?"

She scoffed. "Not telling you. It'll ruin the element of surprise."

"Your favorite cake is so damn hard to guess." He said. 

But you guessed it. She thought. "Then stop guessing, simple as that."

"I just want to guess." He shrugged. "So if you believe that whoever guesses your favorite cake is the one who you'll marry right? What if the odds are against you?" 

She knew exactly what to answer. "Then I'll let it go. There's no point in battling fate and the only I could do is accept that we can never be together. But then again, that belief of mine is just plain dumb."

That's the only thing one could do, accept whatever fate has in stored. The only thing that could ever change the future was the present and right now, Jia put herself in a position where she chose to keep her friendship rather than go after Sunghoon. If in the future they do break up, it still wouldn't work out. Dating your friend's ex was something you should never do. 

"You seem to know a lot about that stuff." Sunghoon said. 

She shrugged. "Picked it up from the books I've read." 

You're such a big fat liar Jia. She thought again to herself.

"By the way, you should go home before you catch my cold. Ice is your turf and we can't risk you getting sick." Jia said and he nods. She had only remembered the guy sitting in front of her was a national level figure skater. 

"Yeah, I think I'll go to practice now. You better not go to school tomorrow. I'll wait for you in the gates and if I see you there, I'm dragging you back here." He warned her. She laughed at how serious he looked while spurting out those words. "I should feel like I got stood up in a date, okay?" 

"Um sorry about the tutoring, we could've finished the lessons if I wasn't sick." Jia apologized. 

He smiled. "It's fine, don't dwell about that too much. You should rest." 

She nods and waves at him as he walks towards her door. Now it was just her again and this empty house. She made her way back to her room and decided to sleep. Ahra visited her house the same day and made sure she was okay. 

The next day she followed Sunghoon's order and didn't attend school. Her parents had left her medicine with a note saying they were sorry they couldn't pick her up because they were stuck at two important meetings. She felt better than the last two days, she didn't experience those throbbing headaches anymore. Jay messaged her a get well soon which she replied with a thank you. Her day was boring and she was itching at the thought she missed lessons. 

Heeseung and her weren't that close to the extent she could freely text him without overthinking what she had sent for over an hour. Jia decided to just ask him for his notes tomorrow when she gets back to class, that is if her nose and throat cooperate with the medicine and heal itself.