𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚

Start from the beginning

"How do you remember stuff like that?" Ron looked at her in admiration. I swear, if he doesn't tell her his feelings soon, I will riot. I give it until next year.

"It's hermione, what do you expect, ron?" I forced out a laugh.

"I listen, ron." Hermione said, with a touch of asperity.

"So do I, but I still couldn't tell you exactly what-"

"The point," Hermione pressed loudly. "is that this sort of thing is exactly what dumbledore was talking about. You-know-who's only been back two months and we've already started fighting among ourselves. And the sorting hat's warning was the same; stand together, be united-"

"And harry got it right last night." Ron retorted. "If that means we're supposed to get matey with the slytherins - fat chance."

"Some of them aren't that bad." I muttered. "Well, besides pansy, nott, crabbe, goyle and my dimwit of a brother."

"Well, I think it's a pity we're not trying for a bit of inter house unity." Hermione said.

We had reached the foot of the marble staircase. A line of fourth year ravenclaws were crossing the entrance hall; they caught sight of harry and hurried to form a tighter group, as though frightened he might attack stragglers.

"Yeah, we really ought to be trying to make friends with people like that." I said sarcastically.

We sat at the gryffindor table, and saw professor mcgonagall walk up to us, handing out our timetables.

"Look at today!" Ron groaned. "History of magic, double potions, divination and double defense against the dark arts... binns, snape, trelawney and that umbridge woman all in one day! I wish fred and george'd hurry up and get those skiving snackboxes sorted..."

Unlike ron, I was happy with my schedule today. That just means I get to spend more time with draco. I smiled down at the timetable, trying to hide it from my friends.

"Do my ears deceive me?" Fred said, arriving with george and squeezing onto the bench with me, pushing me closer to harry. "Hogwarts prefects surely don't wish to skive off lessons?"

"Only to spend more time with you." I batted my eyelashes up at him.

He smiled down at me, and booped the top of my nose.

"Look what we've got today." Ron said, shoving his timetable under fred's nose. "That's the worst monday ive ever seen."

Fred scanned the column. "Fair point, little bro. You can have a bit of nosebleed nougat cheap if you like."

"Why is it cheap?" Ron asked suspiciously.

"Because you'll keep bleeding til you shrivel up, we haven't got an antidote yet." George said.

"I think I'll take the lessons." Ron pocketed his timetable.

"And speaking of your skiving snackboxes," Hermione eyed the twins. "you can't advertise for testers on the gryffindor noticeboard."

George looked astonished. "Says who?"

"Says me. And ron and y/n."