I forced a smile and went in. The music was blasting and there were a lot of people on the dance floor and having cocktails and conversing.

Lee didn't tell me there was a party up here.

I am gonna kill him when I get home tomorrow.

I sighed and made my way to the bar and got myself a cocktail and headed out to the balcony and thankfully it was empty.

I sighed relieved and placed Prince down on the sofa before I sat down myself.

I could see the ball from here and different colored lights shining. I could hear the busy streets of New York and the crowd in Times Square.

I sighed and drank my cocktail before setting it down on the table beside the sofa.

I wonder if the others are doing great at the party right now. I wonder if Jake's with them, or he's looking for me.

I sighed and stood up leaving a sleeping Prince on the sofa and heading towards the railings.

I leaned on it and sighed as I looked out at Times Square.

"You're new here, aren't you?" A voice said making me look up.

A man that looked like he was two years older than Jake, with black hair and brown eyes said smiling down at me as he leaned at the railing.

I gave him a small smile. "Uh, no. I just borrowed my friend's condo for tonight."

"Oh, no wonder I didn't recognize you. I know everyone in the building, been living here since I was a teen." he said then offered his hand. "I'm Kale Dawson."

I smiled and shook his hand. "Nina Maxfield."

"Let me guess, you're living in Lee's condo?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well, other than you're Nina Maxfield and I've heard a lot about you guys from the press, Lee and I are friends. He told me he wasn't gonna spend New Year's here, as always. He usually spends it at the Hawkins'."

I nodded. "Yeah, he's there right now."

"Well, if you don't mind me asking, why aren't you with them? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

I sighed and shrugged. "It's a long story."

"Well, we've got an hour before this place is filled with people from inside."

I chuckled lightly and shook my head. "Well..."

I told him about Jake and I having an argument and making the deal. Of course I didn't tell him everything, he seemed nice and Lee's friend, but he's still a stranger.

"Ahh, love problems." he said once I finished.

"Yeah. So, there."

"Well, I'm waiting for my girlfriend too. Similar to yours we had an argument and I talked to her on the phone last night and apologized. I told her if she forgave me to meet me here by midnight." he said then paused as he looked out at Times Square. "I'm proposing to her. That is, if she comes."

I smiled at him. "How long have you been together?"

He smiled lightly. "Four years. We've known each other since we were kids. We were best friend before I asked her out during sophomore year in high school."

They've practically known each other their whole lives.

"She'll come. You've been together for years now. I could tell she really loves you. She'll come." I said smiling lightly at him then looking back at the view.

"Thanks. And don't worry, he'll come too."

I sighed and dropped my head. "We'll see."

Soon people started piling out of the hall and out here announcing that it was a minute till New Year's.

Prince came running to me and I grabbed him and settled him on a chair beside me.

"Well, I better start looking for her, if she's here."

I smiled at him. "You'll find her."

He smiled back. "Thanks. And don't worry about him, he'll come."

I gave him one last smile as he disappeared into the crowd looking for his love.

His love.

I sighed. I missed him calling me Love.

"10...9...8...7...6..." People started chanting.

I looked down at Prince and gave him a small smile as I patted his head.

"...5...4..."

I looked back at Times Square as I saw couples at the corner of my eye getting ready for that New Year's Eve kiss.

"...3...2..." I started whispering as they chanted. "...1"

"Happy New Year!" I heard everyone cheer as I looked up and saw the fireworks.

"Happy New Year." I whispered to no one in particular.

I felt a hand grab my arm and before I knew what was happening, I was spun around and my lips connected with someone's.

My arms wrapped themselves around his neck as I felt his arm around my waist and his hand cup my cheek. As the kiss went deeper our bodies got closer.

"Happy New Year, love."