He smiled and rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean."

"I'll be fine. I'm used to it. I was always alone on New Year's when I was with Marian."

He looked at me and opened his mouth to say something when I cut him off.

"What time's your flight?"

He looked at his watch. "Now actually."

I chuckled and followed him to the front door.

"You already have the spare keys right?" He asked putting on his coat.

I nodded. "Yup."

"Please don't lose them." He begged.

I rolled my eyes. "You have so little trust in me. Now go already before I kill you."

He chuckled and grabbed his luggage. "See you, Nina."

"Bye." I said giving a small waved and then closed the door behind him as he disappeared in the hallway.

I sighed and leaned on the door. Prince came running to me and started clawing at my legs making me pick him up.

"So, it's just you and me now Prince."

~*~

December 31, 2014

The doorbell rang making Prince and I go to the door and open it.

A man in uniform, who looked liked he worked in the condo stood there with two boxes in his hands.

"Good evening, Ms. Maxfield. These have been dropped in the lobby for you." He said handing me the boxes.

"Really? Who are they from?" I asked curiously.

"The delivery man said it was from a Mrs. Hawkins."

Jamie?

"Oh. Thank you." I said giving him a small smile.

He nodded politely and turned to leave as I closed the door.

I went into my room and placed the boxes on my bed. I opened the first box and saw a note on top of something that was wrapped in thin paper.

Nina, darling, I hope you wear this tonight even if you're not going out to celebrate New Year's. I designed it for you to wear and I thought it would be a waste if you didn't get to wear it. I also got something for Prince. I hope you both like it.

Love, Jamie.

I smiled and put the note down and unfolded the thin paper.

"Wow."

I looked at the time and saw that it was time for me to get ready and I needed to make myself look good with this dress, even though I wasn't planning on making myself look good.

I put on light make up and fixed my hair leaving it down. I put on the black stockings and the fitted gold dress that Jamie gave, including the black pumps.

There was a tiny bow tie for Prince and I put it on him.

He looked absolutely adorable.

Prince barked happily and I smiled at him.

I sighed and grabbed my black clutch with my stuff inside and carried Prince as we went out of the condo.

I couldn't help but think, if Jake's coming tonight or not.

Once I got to the roof top, what I saw surprised me.

"Welcome to the annual New Year's Eve party." a man said opening the door to the hall for me.