Chapter 12: Rise of the Great Devourer

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure," I say before hopping out of my seat, "I'll see if I can find him."

With that, I leave the room in search of the green bean.

~A few moments later~

I walk towards one of the many rooms in the belly of the ship when I hear some noise come from one of the rooms. I look in the direction of the noise and see it's coming from one of the training rooms.

As I draw near to the door, I hear a voice from inside say with a western/cowboy drawl, "Serpentine, it's time I spinjitzu you back into the filthy holes you came from."

I reach the door and peak through the window as I see Lloyd roll on the ground and jump to his feet as he yells, "Ninja kick! Tiger claw!"

He then yells, "Ninja, go!" and spins like you would when doing spinjitzu. He spins onto one of the activated training equipment and gets tripped by a stick poking out at foot level. That causes him to fall and get knocked back and forth before falling onto his back on the ground.

Lloyd groans and I was about to open the door to go check on him when Pythor appears seemingly out of nowhere in front of Lloyd. He laughs as he looks down at the poor boy and disappears as quickly as he appeared, his laugh continuing. I am about to burst into the room, but then think again and decide to see what happens.

"What a joke," Pythor states before I see Lloyd start to float upwards, Pythor apparently picking him up, "You always were a boy who chased stupid dreams."

Pythor then reappears as Lloyd struggles in his grasp as he says, "Pythor! H-How did you get aboard?"

"You think I would allow the ninja to steal the Fangblades from me?" Pythor asks as he slithers towards one of the hanging punching bags and shoves Lloyd into it.

Lloyd groans from the impact as Pythor slithers behind him and starts tying him up, "You'll never get away with it!"

Lloyd continues to yell before Pythor pulls duck tape out of thin air and tapes his mouth shut.

"Oh," Pythor tsks, "I wouldn't worry about that. As they say, out of sight, out of mind."

Pythor shoves Lloyd as he disappears. I quickly hide behind a pillar outside as I guess that Pythor was heading for the door. My suspicions were confirmed when the door opens and shuts a mere moment later as he laughs.

I stay where I am for a few more moments as I frantically think about what to do.

'Should I save Lloyd? But then Pythor will have time to find the Fangblades and get away. UGH!!'

I quickly make a decision and rush into the room to see Lloyd struggling against his restraints. When he sees me, his eyes widen in relief.

"Hang in there, Lloyd," I say, "I'm gonna get you out. I'm gonna take the tape off first, ok?"

Lloyd's eyes widen again at the thought, but nods his head. I gently grab a corner of the tape.

"Ready? One, two, three!"

On three, I quickly rip the tape off his face. Lloyd goes to scream, but I quickly clamp my hand over his mouth, muffling his scream.

I let go of his face and he goes to say something when we hear Nya's voice over the sound system, "Will everyone please place their seat back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position"

I look back at Lloyd, "Let's get you out of here."

With that, I quickly get to his binds and start working on untying him.