Chapter 10: The Green and Celestial Ninja

Start from the beginning

  The arrow landed right where she wanted it, right on the center of the Serpentine's face. Y/n landed in a crouch and the arrow exploded, making a net trap the Serpentine.

  Y/n then dashed at the Serpentine, trading her bow for her longsword, and swiped the Serpentine. The Serpentine fell over and Y/n stood over it in victory.

Y/n's POV-

  Suddenly, a bright light is turned on from the upper deck. I shield my eyes for a moment and let my eyes adjust.

  "Good training," Nya said from the spotlight on the upper deck, "Your powers are getting stronger. And Y/n, your getting more skilled with that bow and sword."

  "Thanks, but where's Kai?" I asked.

~<•>~<•>~<•>~

  The person with the Green Ninja's gi stood in front of the full body mirror and suddenly exclaimed as he leaped and did a spin, "Fiyaah! Ha!"

  Kai looked at his hands and said, "Unlock fire! Uh, fire go! Shoot flames!"

  He punched the air before groaning, "Oh, come on. Everyone else can do it. So can you. Bring heat!"

  Kai then did a backflip into pushups. That quickly changed into one-handed pushups before he leaped up and looked at the mirror. He froze at what he saw and laughter erupted.

~<•>~<•>~<•>~

  We laughed as Kai finished his little workout session. Some people even clapped. I tried not to laugh, but it was too funny!

  "Very nice," Cole said after the laughter and applauding stopped, "Perhaps if you tried the phrase 'fire dork', maybe it might work."

  Kai turned around and asked in a higher pitched voice, "How long have you all been watching?"

  "The Green Ninja suit! That's awesome!" Jay gawked at the gi Kai was wearing.

  "That is cool. But what exactly were you doing, Kai?" I asked.

  "Well, I-I-I was l-looking for some kind of clue from Sensei a-and then I found this," Kai stuttered from embarrassment as he explained.

  "But you know that only they who are foretold to face Lord Garmadon are destined the Green and Celestial Ninjas and only they should wear the Green and Celestial Ninja outfits," Zane scolded him, "So Sensei will most likely be very-"

  "I know, I know," Kai interrupted Zans as he walked over to the window in the back of the room, "But I though that if I just tried it on, it might help me see my true potential. It's not fair that you guys have unlocked your cool powers and I still haven't. Besides, Sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back."

  We had all joined Kai at the window as he spoke. I rest a hand in his shoulder as best I could with my height and all.

  "Kai, I know you're frustrated, but I don't have any cool powers at all," I said, "I still get along just fine without them. You will unlock your true potential when the time is right, I'm sure."

  Kai looked down at me and gave a small smile, "Thanks, I guess."

  I cross my arms playfully and chuckled, "Hey, at least I don't speak cryptically like-"

  There was a sound of an door opening and someone hollared through the Bounty, "Hello? I'm home."

  We all looked at each other and smiled, "Sensei!"