Chapter 35: The Wolf's Bite

Start from the beginning

"I'm a fighter. I can't just sit around and do nothing." I moved past her, sitting down on the end of the double bed in the room. "What can I say. I like to battle."

"That still isn't answering my question." Wanda glared at me with a playful glint I'm her eye. Placing a hand on her hip, she walked closer to stand in front of me.

"Oh, I've been roomies with Ryan for the past month and a half." I answered again. To say that me and him had only met a couple months into the move to London. I'd say we've become pretty good friends.

"So, you're choosing to room with your boyfriend instead of your girlfriend?" Wanda gave a suggestive expression.

"Oh, please. I can barely put up with one lover. Why would I want another." I countered with a hand on my head. Wanda smirked at my response, moving forward and proceeding to sit down on my legs.

"Oh, so you can't put up with me?" Wanda questioned, lightly pushing me down.

Ryan's POV

The good thing about London was the lack of serious crime around. A lot more dumbasses than other places. A lot of knife crime each year. Other than that, though. Tame. So, I went about my usual day of sitting atop a building and doing fuck all, but eating chips. Or fries, should I say.

It was a surprise to meet (Y/n) so randomly. Even if it was common knowledge that most the old Avengers were criminals now (including him). I couldn't care less about the FBI or their issues. (Y/n) is a hell of a guy. It's always nice to have a friend to help with my job.

Nobody really acknowledges the fact that I protect this city from criminals and terrorists. Then again, nobody gets more than a glance at me unless I'm uncloaked.

Whenever (Y/n) asks for my reasoning behind the job, I've always been straight with my answer. I enjoy the feeling of defeating people. Whether that means executing enemies or bringing them to justice. I couldn't care less.

Today the sky was blue and the sun was bright. It felt like it was going to be a special day. Or so I thought. An ear piercing bang went off way below me, and the weight of the building shifted. Suddenly, I could feel myself starting to slide backwards along the stone.

Men and women screamed from the streets below, and I could feel the top of the building was nearly horizontal.

"What the hell just happened?" I thought to myself, barely climbing to my feet. I ran up the building as it almost seemed like I was running up a hill. Once I reached the end, I jumped off and began sliding down the glass windows of the structure's side. There was a massive hole in the bottom of the building. Clearly it had been made by explosives of some sort, and it was causing the building to tip.

Suddenly, the glass below me shattered and I fell down onto one of the building floors. Now I was sliding the opposite direction. Papers were scattered around. Office chairs rolled down towards the other side of the building which was showing the streets from the windows, and only now did I see the countless office workers who were holding onto walls and pillars to stop their descent.

As I began to approach the next and last window, I didn't see any way to get out of the fall unscathed. Not just that, I didn't think the civilians inside the building would have much of a chance.

With another crash, I fell through the next window, leading to a free fall as the streets were directly below me. The building was about to come crashing down after me from the looks of things, but I couldn't exactly do much given my current situation.

I sighed, closing my eyes and silently accepting my fate. That was until a hand grabbed my wrist.

Looking up, I saw (Y/n) slowly descending down to the street. His hand was gripping mine before retracting after I'd reached the ground safely.

"Just what the hell is happening?" (Y/n) asked with narrowed eyes. He turned and looked up as the building began to approach the smaller ones like a demon lurking over a sleeping soul. "For god's sake."

With a raise of his hand, (Y/n) stopped the building's descent using his powers. A few office workers fell through the glass, their screams echoing down to the streets before they were caught, too.

"What're you doing here?" I questioned, walking next to him.

"Signing a contract with death for leaving Wanda when I did." He stated in a joking tone. I walked to the edge of the structure, glancing down to the streets. I recoiled instantly as a shot of energy came flying past my face. "Watch it. There's guys down there."

"You deal with the building and civilians." I said, jumping from the apartments we were stood on.

A/N: Evening, readers! Just want to say that I'm probably gonna do a Q&A at some point. If you have any questions for me then leave a comment.

Also, I'd like to just announce somewhat of a big thing that's going to happen soon. After this arc, I will be adding Ragnarok before Infinity War.

That's all for now. Hope you all have a good day!