Chapter 9

~le time skip to lunch~

I walked out onto the football field, the guards following behind me, cracking their knuckles menacingly. I giggled as we walked, seeing as I had made them both flower crowns during my free period. I walked over to Bert and smiled warmly at him. He looked nervous and I got confused for a second before remembering the men who were following me. "Don't worry about them, they're Frank's friend and Frank is nice so obviously they're nice." I pointed to one of them. "This one is Peiro and this one," I pointed to the other man who was smiling at my antics, "this one is Cristofano, they're super chill and I like them a lot." Cristofano waved at them, trying his best to look friendly.

I tittered at him before meeting Bert's gaze. "Now, what is it you wanted to meet out here in the middle of a football field with Advil for? You're cutting into my flower crown making time and I promised Frank I would make him one." I turned back to Cristofano, grinning childishly. "Don't you agree he would look adorable in a flower crown? Oh maybe we could have a picnic and you and Peiro should come because I think that Peiro likes you," Peiro shifted, clearly embarrassed as Christofano gave him a slight smile, "and I know you like him back, and you two would be so cute together and oh my I completely forgot about Bert." I gasped, having forgotten about the greasy old bully. I turned around, seeing a look of pure wonder and confusion on his face as he watched our exchange. 

"Oh Bert I'm sorry but I have to cut this meeting short because I have flower crowns to make. I would like to do this again sometime soon, it was very enjoyable. Ta-Ta now darling." I wiggled my fingers in his direction before turning around and grabbing Christafano's hand and dragging him off to the patch under the bleachers where the flowers grow.