Chapter 31

The week passed without any more disturbances, besides the fact I had any and all security detail removed, and as a final hurrah, I refused to give back Sweet Pea. The bugger had grown on me and I wasn't about to give them up.

I passed Bert on my way home and he left his friends in favor of chasing after me. "GEE! Hey Gee!" I continued walking, picking up the pace. He reached out and grabbed my wrist and whirled me around to face him. I stared up into his dark eyes, filled with fear. I broke eye contact, glancing away from him before he forced me to turn to face him. "Hey baby," his hand slowly slipped up my arm to the side of my neck. "Where were you these past few days? I missed you." His other hand trailed down to my hip. Even after everything, I still leaned into his touches, listening to his voice, his admonishments. "You left me, I was so concerned, why don't we go back to my friends?"

I clung onto the taller man as we walked over to his friends. One of them sneered at me and another squeezed my butt. I let it happen, standing behind Bert, letting him talk, not saying a word. I flinched when he turned back to me, putting on a fake smile to please him. "C'mon bunny, let's go home." I followed behind him, letting him take me to his car.

I got in and he leaned over the center console of the car and kissed me, forcing his tongue through my lips, squeezing my face in his large hands, not letting me escape. I stayed tense, and eventually he pulled away, grinning at me. He licked over his canines wolfishly and I gulped. If I wasn't afraid before, I sure as hell was now.