Chapter One Of Many

I walked into the school, pulling down my skirt, hanging my head down low. I avoided peoples gazes, making my way to the office to get my schedule. I signed in, waving meekly at the secretary who was looking at me with a mixture of confusion and disgust washed across her face. I solemnly marched to my locker, getting quite a few odd looks from my peers.

I marched into my classroom, walking to the back and ignoring the curious peering gazes that leered at me and my skirt. I sat down at a desk far from everyone else's and pulled out my book, opening to the page on the board. I stared up at the board and waited for class to begin. The teacher started calling roll and when he called out, "Gerard Way?" I panicked and meekly raised my hand. The teacher wrote it down and continued, but everyone's eyes were on me. I stared ahead and listened intently when the teacher began droning on about poly whatevers.

As soon as class ended I was out of my seat, rushing to my locker, spending as little time in the hallways as possible, knowing it was dangerous for me to be out here alone, seeing as I was a boy in a skirt. Clearly I wasn't fast enough because soon enough Bert McCrackin, aka my worst nightmare, turned up right in front of me. "Hey faggot, miss me?" I meekly shook my head, before feeling the impact and pain of a fist on my cheekbone, making me cry out weakly and fall to the floor. I stayed down, knowing it was useless to fight back. I willed away the ears, swallowing thickly. I stared at the floor and didn't make a sound as I was pummeled by these monsters. The bell rang, and they all ran off. I stood up, brushing off my skirt, smoothing down my hair, and straightening my sweater before heading off to science.

~le time skip to end of day~

I walked home, my head cloudy and full. My book bag was making unbearable pain on my shoulder, dragging me down so I was leaning uncomfortably to the left. I saw Bert and his cronies sitting on a bench on the opposite side of the street and started walking faster, desperate to reach my apartment building. I heard yelling behind me so I started to run.

I reached my apartment, slamming the door shut. I leaned my head against it, panting uncontrollably, close to tears. I pressed the palm of my hands to my eyes, willing away the droplets. I inhaled before taking away my palms, sure the tears wouldn't fall. I leaned down and took off my boots, sliding around my floors in my pink bunny thigh highs. I reached my kitchen and walked in, brewing a pot of coffee before sliding over to my couch, clearing pencils, pens and half finished drawing and writing off of it before plopping down with a satisfying thump. I grabbed a clear page and a pen, letting my eyes roll back into my head, feeling my hand moving across the page, forming shapes I couldn't name and a feeling better than the best orgasm.

I heard the beeping of the coffee pot and slowly rolled my eyes back the correct direction, blinking a few times to adjust to the dim lighting of my shoddy apartment. I stood up, placing down my drawing and dragging my ass over to the kitchen counters. I grabbed a mug that didn't look too used, and poured the coffee. I dumped an alarming amount of sugar and creamer in before heading back to the couch and finally looking at the art I had created. It appeared to be a... skull with the word "Watch Out." on it. There was a snake swirling out of its mouth holding a rose between its teeth. I sighed, before grabbing my paints and oil pastels and getting to work putting it on a canvas. I could get a solid $100 for this and on top of all my other art I had made this month, it would stack up to be a little over the rent payment, meaning I would have enough to buy new supplies.