Chapter 10

Summer's POV

Tulad ng sinabi ko ay umuwi ako, Autumn and I exchanged numbers because if we want our relationship to work out we should have at least  communicate with each other.

Right now, I am heading my way to a restaurant near Shakira's workplace to have a talk with her. I want to properly ask for her forgiveness dahil nagiguilty ako sa nangyari sa kanya.

I am blaming myself for stealing something that couldn't be brought back. And that is the comfort of having a family when we're in college.

She even choose to work from a different company than their own company, I may have my own business like malls and a couple of hotel but Mommy Shaina still gave me a slot in their business which I thought that I shouldn't have.

I don't even know if I'll keep calling them Mommy and Daddy.

"Summer."

My eyes meet with Shakira's eyes, I can clearly see sadness at the same time happiness from her yet I know mine shouts regrets and shame.

She sat down in front of me, a small smile is plastered on her lips. An awkward silence enveloped the two of us and it was broken by the waiter's voice asking for our order so we gave him that.

"I'm sorry."

Those are the only two words that came out of my mouth as soon as I hold her hand above our table.

"I'm sorry for stealing your family. I am not gonna say that I don't have any idea about it because it's already done and I couldn't turn it back. I'll accept it if you'd hate me or worst, you'll ignore me because I've done something horrible to you and even Kean... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for everything..."

I tried my best to stop myself from crying but I can't because the moment she put her hands on my cheeks, I burst out. I cried hard. I don't even care if this will ruin my make up but luckily I did not put any.

"Shh, we're both victims here Sum. I don't care if you're not my sister by blood because I already see you as one. Matagal ko ng alam na may balak sina Mom and Dad na ganon, at first I did not know who it was but when I saw you with Autumn inside our university, I knew it. Ikaw yung pinag uusapan nina Dad. I made up a story about my lost cousin because I hated you that time, I even made a plan on fooling you but the more that I know you, the more I get to know why they choose you over me."

Pinahid ko ang luhang lumandas sa pisngi niya at pilit na ngumiti. We ate and talk for an hour and yes, we decided to forget the past because what matters is our present and future. We learned from our mistakes and it will definitely makes us stronger.

She told me that Mom and Dad will held a party for them, they will be introduced as Shakira and Kean Pileon but they will not tell everyone that I am not related to them by blood.

"I'm so happy Sum, I will be introduced to everyone as Shakira Pileon not as Shakira Onse, I've been dreaming for this thing to happen and it is a dream come true for me because finally, my parents will recognize me as their own."

She said, she even gave me a punch on my shoulder when she saw me smiling sadly, we are now spending our time together, shopping till we drop like how we used to be everytime she went to States to visit me.

"Where's Kith?"

She asked while sipping at her cup of coffee, we're now in Starbucks taking a break because our feet hurts.

"He's in States, ipapagamot niya si Tito, ayaw niya naman akong sumama kahit kayang kaya kong tumulong."

Malungkot na sagot ko bago uminom sa kape ko. I notice how sadness runs through her eyes.