"ah, that's alright, have a nice day." i smiled, receiving one right back before continuing on my way throughout the library.

that is when i stopped in my place, seeing the back of the man as he was looking through all the books on the wall.

i tried my best to stay hidden, watching him carefully from the protection of the wooden furniture that held many other books inside of it. i was waiting for him to turn around or at least to the side so i could see a glimpse of his face.

my heart was beating all too heavy as i watched him, wanting so badly to go up to him and see who it was for myself, but something about it all just made me all too hesitant to do so. maybe it is the slight possibility that he could pull out a knife or something on me and attack my poor, all too curious self before i could even try to call for help.

from the back, even though he had on a pretty baggy hoodie, you could just tell this guy was muscular. i could even see the muscles in his back flex as he moved, the material wet against his skin, sticking to it quite easily.

i was trying to think of a way to get to him, and if i'm lucky, have a small little conversation with the man, i just need to use my brain harder to come up with something clever.

if he is a criminal, or moreover a murderer, then he is already quite meticulous so i have to somehow outsmart him.. or maybe out-dumb him.. yeah, that might do the trick.

upon thinking about it for a while, he turned around, coming this way with his head down so i couldn't quite see much of his face but his mouth and chin. even those two things seemed quite familiar, although i was sure the man i ran into that night had a mask covering his whole lower part of his face but his eyes.

stepping out from behind the bookshelf, i had a random book in my hand, pretending to drop it right below his feet in which caused the man to halt in his tracks.

ahah, i got you now.

he bent down and picked up the book, lifting his head to meet my gaze, and that is when i paused completely, shocked.

"be careful," he spoke lowly, scanning my features with his dark orbs.

"jungkook..?" i called out, shocked to see my idol right in front of me.

as his name left my lips, a look of pure amusement covered his face, handing the book out for me to take. "don't go around saying that so carefree," he chuckled, "i am an idol you know." there was a look on his face that i just couldn't describe for myself. it was as if he was smirking but at the same time he looked dead serious.. it was all in his eyes. how does he do that?

"oh yeah.. right.." i breathed out, still a bit shocked in my spot. what is an idol like him doing in a library like this?

i looked down at the book in his hands, reading the cover. my dark places? isn't that a book about a murder or something? i could have sworn i remember that from one of the more recent shipments to the library.

soon enough, he noticed my gaze, following it down to the book in his hands, yet another chuckle escaping his lips, but this one was dry and humorless.

"it's a good book, isn't it?" he asked, my eyes coming back up to reach his face as he opened the inside cover where a short summary of the book was.

"this is probably the third time i'm checking out this book in a different library," he started, "i should probably just buy it already so i don't have to keep checking it out in different places."

to someone else, this might all be a normal encounter, but to me it was completely odd.

that hoodie.. the same hoodie that guy was wearing who had dropped the knife. there is a book.. and it is about a murder and apparently he has read it more than once and loves it. i mean yeah, murder stories are interesting and all, but i don't think you would catch me reading them more than once. but.. what would an idol be doing committing such crimes when he has a life pretty much completely full of luxury?