confronting my self harm

Scarlets' POV
it's 8 in the morning and I just got up. I hear dad open the fridge. I get up and walk over to the kitchen to tell him good morning. he says good morning back but he has a sorrowed look on his face. he then tells me he has to talk to be about something serious. oh shit! what if he knows about yesterday at the park. there is no way he would of found out because no one else was at the park besides me. what's so serious that he needs to talk to me about. dad tells me to sit down. ahh here we go this better not be about me.

Vics' POV
confronting her won't be easy but I have to do it. look Scarlet when you were sleeping I noticed your sleeve was up and I- I saw your cuts. they weren't old either they looked pretty fresh considering blood was still around them. I thought you promised to never cut again. you know you can talk to me about whatever is going on in your head. please talk to me instead of cutting. she started to cry. I got up and hugged her.

Scarlets' POV
dad just got done hugging me and I'm wiping my tears off with my sleeve. I guess I have to tell him about yesterday and all the other days I've cut. well um dad yesterday when I was out walking and at the park my thoughts wouldn't shut up and they were telling me that I'm worthless and that you don't love me which I know isn't true but my mind wouldn't shut up. so I grabbed my blade and cut. then I waited 30 minutes until I came home so you wouldn't notice that I was crying. I've been cutting for 2 weeks and I know I promised not to but I couldn't help it.

Vics' POV
my daughter has been cutting for 2 weeks and I haven't noticed. if she could of just told me what has been going on I could of been there for her instead of her harming herself. where did you get the blades Scarlet? I thought I took all your blades the night I met you. "I stole them from Walmart the night we all went out to eat" can you please give me all your blades right now? "okay but we have to go to my room to get them" okay let's go.

Scarlets' POV
Dad and I are walking upstairs to my room to get my blades. I open my drawer and grab the tiny box and dump them all out. he grabs them and puts them in his pocket. "are those all your blades" yes they are but I lie because I still have 1 blade left in my phone case. I'm not planning on cutting soon but it's there just in case. "one last thing. did you cut anywhere else besides your arms" ughh yes. he makes me show him so I lie down on my bed and lift my shirt up. dad looks so sad right now. I hate seeing him sad. "I think I need to clean some of them cuts so they won't get infected" I sigh it's whatever I guess.

dad lays me down so it won't be as painful. he has the stuff to clean my cuts. he first starts off with my arms which burned like hell and then he moved to my stomach which was even worse. l I'm all bandaged up. dad and I decide to watch another movie downstairs as I'm cuddled up to him again.