Chapter XXVI

Several years later...

"Do it again, mama!"

"No, not again," you chuckle.

"Just one more time! Please?"

"No. Mommy will be back any minute and if she catches me doing it, she'll tell me off."

"Please, mama?"

You look down at your little brown-haired girl whose brown/green eyes twinkle into yours. You both love and hate that she has Rey's eyes. You succumb to them every time. Precious eyes for such a precious girl - your little Leia.

"Oh, all right!" You sigh.

Between her and Rey, you're not sure who holds more power over you.

"Yay!"

You pick up your five-year-old daughter and throw her in the air and when she begins to fall, you use the Force to hold her and twirl her around. Her giggles fill your heart and you will never get over the sound.

"STARS!"

The sound of your wife's voice pulls you out of your concentration, causing you to release your little girl from your Force grip but you catch her before she hits the ground.

"Hey, my love!" You smile. "You're back!"

"Yes, I'm back. What have I told you about doing that?" She scowls.

"Honey, it's fine. I always catch her."

"It's fine, mommy!"

Rey looks at her daughter and just like you, Rey succumbs and she ends up tickling Leia and peppering her face with kisses, making her giggle once more.

"You're lucky you're so cute." Rey plants a kiss on Leia's head then one on your lips.

"How'd you go?" You ask, putting your daughter down, allowing her to run off to play with BB-8.

"Good. Finn and I set up another outpost so it's only a matter of time before more people come here. He's still there putting up the final touches. He'll be back soon though."

"That's good. Oh, by the way, we need to get some things for dinner. I checked and we don't have enough for the three of us."

"Okay, we'll head out now. I need to pick up some more parts for Finn and Poe anyway." 

Rey takes your hand and you walk towards your house that was built about a year ago when you decided to have a family. As nostalgic as living in the old AT-AT was, it wasn't suitable for a family so instead, you both decided on a house that was built by you and Rey with the aid of the Resistance. You still have the AT-AT out the back for your daughter to play in. She absolutely loves it.

"Leia, come here!" Rey calls out and your daughter skips over, meeting her mother who has fallen to her knees to match her height. "Mama and I are just going to the markets to pick up some things. Uncle Poe will watch you, okay? Be a good girl."

"Okay, mommy."

"Good girl. Come here," Rey extends her arms where Leia steps into them and holds her mother tightly. "I love you. We'll be back soon."

"I love you, too."

Rey leans back and kisses Leia's nose - something she does religiously anytime she leaves her and the same goes for letting Leia know when she is leaving. Due to what happened to Rey as a child, she promised that she would always tell her own child when she was going somewhere, giving them reassurance that she'll be back. You felt the same way. Neither you nor Rey want your child to feel as if you were leaving them forever.