Chapter XXIII

When you reach Rey, she is fighting off Sith Acolytes. She is strong and powerful. She is a true Jedi that you knew her to be. She is fighting for you, the Rebellion, and for the galaxy. You rush towards her but an Acolyte jumps in front of you, however, they are no match for you as you choke them through the Force and throw them to the side. Your actions cause Rey to turn around and spot you. Your eyes lock and you can feel the strength and the Light in her. She looks at you, almost as if she can't believe you're here but regardless, her eyes are filled with hope and love. She is happy to see you and you feel the exact same way. You're glad she's okay and that she has remained strong. That's the Rey you know and love.

You rush over to her, engulfing her in your arms. Rey clings onto you for dear life and it feels so good to have your love back in your arms. It feels like an eternity that you haven't seen her. You never want to be apart from her again.

"Stars..." She utters. "You're here..." You can tell she's about to cry but she resists.

"Of course I'm here. I'll always be here, my love."

Rey's grip tightens around you as she breathes in your scent and relishes in the protection and safety of your strong arms. Rey never wanted to push you away. She never wanted to leave you. She just wanted to protect you. She wanted to keep you safe. Everything Rey does is based on the foundation of keeping you safe. It always has been and it always will be. It will forever be in her heart.

As much as you want to hold Rey like this forever, you need to destroy the one who will tear you apart. You release the Jedi then give her a supportive nod, which she requites before you both turn to Palpatine, lightsabers igniting, blue and orange burning together.

"You," the sickly Sith lord points to you. "You are VERY powerful. Gray Jedi's are very powerful indeed. You would make a victorious and unstoppable Sith. Join me. Take the throne. Give in to the power of the Sith."

"I will never turn to the Dark Side," you growl. "Neither the Light nor Dark can contain me."

"You are a fool to believe that. The Dark Side is strong within you. I can feel it. It makes you powerful. It gives you strength and focus. It makes you undefeatable. You can sit on the throne and rule the galaxy with your power. The entire galaxy will be at your fingertips... just as easily as the lighting that you dispel from them."

"What?" Rey turns to you, confusion in her eyes.

"Oh," Palpatine laughs wickedly. "You didn't tell her of your other powers? Oh, the secrets..."

You look at Rey and explain. "Gray Jedi's can harness that ability deep within them. With much focus and strength, they have the ability to use Force Lighting as well as other advanced Jedi and Sith abilities. I've been able to do it for a while. I only use it when I have to."

"She is far more powerful than you, my granddaughter," Palpatine sneers. "She has the power of a TRUE Sith within her. But you could be as equally powerful if you take the throne."

Rey can feel the tension between you two and she can feel Palpatine relish in it. He wants to drive you apart. He wants to turn you against each other. Rey can feel her anger, her hate, her bitterness but she chooses not to succumb. Instead, she accepts your powers, your strength, and faces Palpatine once more, her eyes fixed on him.

"You will NEVER turn her," she snaps, her protectiveness bubbling over.

"You both could rule," he states. "Together, you will be more powerful than I could ever be. You could rule the galaxy and control EVERYTHING. You will never be apart again. You could be together as one and rule together forever."

"NO."

Palpatine's eyes harden as he glares at the two of you. You have angered him but neither of you cares. He is not going to win and that destroys him inside. You can feel it. The Dark Side connects you to him and he is enraged and that only makes you stronger.

"Stand together. Die together."

Suddenly, Palpatine grips you and Rey through the Force, sending your lightsabers flying as he drags you to your knees before him. You and Rey both resist, causing a portion of your life force to be sucked out of you and absorbed by him.

"Ah!" He hisses then examines his boney, decrepit hands that slowly begin to regenerate. "The life force of your bond... a dyad in the Force... A power like life itself... unseen for generations... And now, the power of two restores the one true Emperor!"

Palpatine thrusts his hands forward and reaches out to your life force, which begins to be violently and mercilessly stolen from you and Rey. The feeling is painful, torturous, and violating. You can feel Rey becoming weak just as quickly as you are. You do everything in your power to try and resist Palpatine but nothing is working. You want to reach out and take Rey's hand but you can't move. You are using every ounce of your strength to stay alive but the harder you resist, the more your life force drains from you, and the more powerful Palpatine becomes. It feels like an eternity that Palpatine is draining you and when he is done, your bodies go limp with both you and Rey collapsing to the ground.

Now fully restored to his abhorrent power, Palpatine rises and stands over you and Rey. With his eyes glowing yellow, he grins menacingly at your near-lifeless bodies.

"Look what you have made..." He sneers.

The sound of the undead Sith army causes you to stir. You find the last bit of energy within you to roll over and slowly hobble to your knees. You immediately turn to Rey. She is alive but extremely weak. You have never felt her be this weak before. You extend your hand in order to touch her but before you can, Palpatine uses the Force to raise you in the air, crippling you paralysed. His eyes glare into yours and you can feel the pull to the Dark Side but you don't give in. You can't.

"As once I fell, so falls the last Gray Jedi!"

Palpatine throws you backward violently and you reach out for Rey but she is still unconscious. You try to gather your minute amount of strength to resist the Force throw but once you hit the ground and tumble off the side, everything goes black.