Chapter 10

As I said in my kyalin chapter yesterday, i'm back with another chapter! Sorry for the delay, but i'm going to be slowing down and posting on Sundays from now on, one chapter for each book. I have been a little stressed, but I still want to get to working on them. Anyway, here is the next chapter!

_____________________________

Su was sitting on the bed comfortably, folding some clothes to go back into her bags. They were moving her back to the estate today. She was lost in her thoughts when a sock hit her face and she heard giggling followed by Kuvira scrambling out of the room, the sound of her laughter increasing in volume. Su snorted before tearing off after her. As she followed her into the other room, Kuvira jumped out and picked Su up, before bringing the giggling woman to the bed and kissing her softly.

"You're so cute," Kuvira kissed her nose.

Su only giggled and held her tightly. The taller woman smiled and breathed in the scent of her girlfriends hair. She had a question, though.

"Hey Su? I have a question," Kuvira murmured before rolling off her.

"What is it?" Su kept the lighthearted tone, but the younger metalbender could detect a hint of concern in her voice.

"I was wondering if I could, you know," she took a deep breath. "If I could come with you. I don't wanna be alone. Not again..." the captain trailed off.

Su ran her fingers through Kuvira's hair, looking happily into her eyes. "I was waiting for you to ask. Of course!" She pulled her in for a kiss before pulling her to her feet. "Now come on, we have to pack up some of your stuff for the night now too. I'm not sleeping without you." She started to walk away, but she was stopped by a hand on her arm pulling her back into a backwards embrace. "I love you, so much." Kuvira distracted her from her hands creeping to her sides before she suddenly started to tickle the shorter woman, who let out a squeal.

"Kuvira-a cmon we have work-k to do," She giggled before trying to turn to face her girlfriend. Kuvira didnt let her, but she stopped tickling to give her neck a soft kiss. She let her go and they walked into the other room to finish packing her stuff.

_____________________________________

Opal decided to come drop by to help her mother with the move back. She found the front door unlocked so she slipped in and went to her mother's room, and snickered. Kuvira and Su were dancing and laughing, the bags piled on the bed. They jolted at the sound, looking at the young girl's smirk and blushing.

"Having fun?" she asked with a smile. They nodded sheepishly as she entered the room.

"Well, let's get you two back home. We're all excited to hang out together again." She went and grabbed two of the bags and started hauling them to the satomobile. Kuvira kissed Su before letting go and helping to load them.

The ride home was a quiet one. Su was absently playing with Kuvira's hand in the back seat while Opal drove and Kuvira stared out the window. Opal would occasionally look back at her mother and her girlfriend, smiling at how peaceful and happy they looked.

"Ok, we're here!" Two sets of green eyes perked up and looked happily at Opal. "Ok!" they said in unison. As they got out of the car, Wing and Wei ran out and grabbed all of the stuff that they brought and carried it inside, laughing at each other as they fell down in the process. Su giggled at how funny it looked to see them loaded up with stuff, causing her tall girlfriend to grin. The shorter woman suddenly grabbed her girlfriend's arm and pulled her inside. They played games with the family, and then the kids went off on their own after a while, letting the couple put their things away. While they never asked it of the younger Beifongs, they had cleared their fathers things out of the room, leaving plenty of space for Kuvira's belongings. After everything of Kuvira's was put away, she turned and helped Su finish her things. Smirking, she snatched the older woman's arm and pulled her back into a dance pose. "We were interrupted earlier, so I'd like to finish our little dance," She looked softly into the surprised emerald eyes and began to sway back and forth. "Yeah, I'm good with that," Su responded with a soft grin.

___________________________________

"Shut up they're gonna hear you guys!" Opal whisper-yelled at her brothers. Huan was quiet, but as usual, Wing and Wei were squabbling. She lightly smacked them to get them to shut up. They were watching their mother and her girlfriend dance in their room from a window. Opal watched intently as her mother twirled around with Kuvira, a huge smile on both of their faces. After a few minutes, they heard rustling behind them and Bataar Jr. showed up behind them. Opal jerked her head in their direction and he came to watch them too. He had just settled down when they heard a voice behind them.

"So what're you guys watching?" Lin was standing in Kya's arms, her own arms crossed and a smirk on her face. All of them looked at them blankly before Opal shyly nodded for them to look. Lin broke out into a grin as she and Kya came to look at what they were watching. As they all turned their attention back to the couple in the room, Kuvira pulled Su into a passionate kiss, the shorter woman responding by pulling herself as close as she could to her girlfriend.

"O-ok, guys i think that we need to um, give them some privacy..." Kya snickered. Lin just laughed and shooed them all away. When all of Su's kids left, Lin leaned up to kiss her wife. "I wanna go back to the room now," Kya only hummed in response and turned them around to their room, walking quickly. Lin yelped as she almost tripped. "Slow down!" Kya only grinned and pulled her along the path faster.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading!