Chapter 5

Also, Lin isn't quite as mad at Su as in the show cause of Kya.

__________________________________________

Su just stood there gaping at Lin. She hadn't seen Lin since they were kids.

"Um, hey Su." Lin said awkwardly, and coughed into her fist. A figure came up behind Lin. They all turned their attention to it and saw that it was Kya. She slid her arm around Lin's waist and waved a little greeting to Su.

Kuvira looked between Su, Lin and Kya before clearing her throat.

"Do you uh, wanna come in?" She said, a little confused. Su looked at Kuvira, her mouth still agape. She took Su's hand and pulled her inside, allowing Lin and Kya into the apartment.

"Have a seat," Kuvira gestured to the couch and loveseat in the front room. She let go of Su's hand and went to go make some tea.

After the tea was ready, she brought it out to the group, setting it down and then finding a seat next to Su. Immediately after sitting down her nose started to bleed again. With a sigh she stood back up and went back to the kitchen. Kya stood up and followed her

"Hey, wait let me help you," Kya trailed after Kuvira, who arched an eyebrow. "I'm a healer," she explained.

"Ok then..." She trailed off. "Kya," the waterbender finished for her. "Kuvira," she replied.

____________________________________________

Su fidgeted uncomfortably as she watched Kya and Kuvira go into the kitchen. She couldn't bring herself to look at Lin. However, the silence was unbearable.

"So, what brings you to Zaofu?" She said nervously, staring at the floor.

Lin eyed her sister for a moment before replying. "I heard about Bataar and wanted to make sure you were ok,"

Su flinched at his name, glancing in the direction of the kitchen. Lin followed her gaze, then turned back to her sister.

"He did that?" Lin stared at her sister, who gave the tiniest nod while starting to tear up.

"Hey no it's ok," Lin held her hand out to Su and she just stared at it "Take my hand, Su."

Su made eye contact with her sister's piercing gaze before looking away and taking the hand gingerly. Lin gave it a small squeeze. Kya and Kuvira walked back into the room, the metalbender's face perfectly fine, taking their seats once again.

"So what happened...?" Lin asked in the most gentle voice Su had ever heard her use. She felt a tear stream down her cheek and her throat tighten. "He scares me, Lin."

__________________________________________

After catching up, Kuvira had a thought.

"Oh by the way, I was wondering, how did you know Su was here?" She asked politely.

"We went over to the estate. Your kids were there and told us where we could find you. They set us up in one of the guest rooms, I hope that's ok?" Kya explained.

Su nodded before scrunching her face. "One of the guest rooms? Why just one?"

Lin and Kya flushed red before looking at each other, then looking back to Su. Realization dawned on Su's face and Kuvira let out a snicker.

"Kya and I are dating, Su," Lin looked anxious.

Su gave her sister a huge grin, the anxiety fading from Lin.

"You're ok with that?" Lin questioned.

Her little sister nodded happily and turned her attention to Kuvira who was looking at her with a content look on her face.

"Well, we should get going. It was a long trip here," Kya stood up stiffly, the others quickly following suit and walking them to the door.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow, ok?" Lin said in passing through the doorway.

"Of course!" Su smiled as she and Kuvira waved them off, stopping suddenly as she noticed blood on the ground, reminding her of the day's prior events. Her breath caught in her throat. Kuvira must have noticed because she wrapped her arm around the older woman and pulled her close, shutting the door and locking it.

"It's gonna be ok," she cooed softly in her ear, rubbing her back.

She looked up at the younger woman, and stared into her eyes, getting lost in the rich Jade color. Kuvira seemed to have gotten lost in hers as well. After what seemed to be a lifetime, Kuvira gently brushed the hair out of Su's face, then grabbed her chin and brought their faces together. Su's eyes widened before she let them close. She leaned into Kuvira, wrapping her arms around her neck as Kuvira kissed her softly. She broke the kiss, running her fingers through silver hair, only for Su to pull her back into a more heated kiss. Kuvira bit Su's lip and she opened her mouth, feeling Kuviras tongue slide in against hers, taking over the kiss. The talker woman let her hands wander Su's back as they made out. They broke the kiss to breathe, and Su nuzzled into Kuvira's neck.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" Su asked, hugging Kuvira tightly.

Kuvira grinned. "Of course."

They reluctantly parted to get ready for bed. Su was grinning ear to ear as she turned on the shower. She stepped in when it was warm enough and thought about how Kuvira's lips felt on hers, and how right it felt being in her arms. It was nothing like she had ever felt with Bataar. He was rough with Su. He always had been, but Kuvira was gentle, yet commanding. She felt so happy despite everything that had happened. She could hardly wait to go back to Kuvira that when she jumped out of the shower she dried of as fast as possible, throwing her pajamas on, then running into Kuvira's room.

___________________________________________

Kuvira ran to get the shower started in her room. She stepped in right away, not waiting for it to warm up. She just wanted to get back to Su. She couldn't believe that she had actually kissed Suyin Beifong. She grinned remembering that the matriarch hadn't pulled away, that she had pushed into her lips, and initiated another more heated kiss. The water was just getting hot when Kuvira turned off the water. She dried herself and yanked on her pajamas before opening the door and stepping out into the bedroom. Suddenly her door opened and Su stepped in. Kuvira pulled her into a tight embrace, kissing her nose, causing the older woman to giggle.

"You are so cute you know that?" Kuvira murmured into her ear, the giggling increased.

"mmm I think it's time to sleep," Kuvira whispered as the woman in her arms tried to hide a yawn. "I saw that."

Su grinned sheepishly as Kuvira let her go. They both climbed into the bed, but before Su could even lay down Kuvira pulled her down into her arms, nuzzling the back of her neck. Before long, she could hear Su's soft snores. Before trying to sleep, she propped her head up on her elbow to admire the woman in her arms. She leaned down and gave her a kiss before pulling herself tightly against her new lover, falling asleep quickly.

___________________________________________

What do you think? I liked writing this chapter alot.

Thanks for reading