Chapter 24: Vic

"I want pancakes!" Jaime yelled, running through the bus. There was a chorus of agreement but I declined. Kellin hadn't woken up yet and I wanted to be with him for when he did wake up. When everyone left Kellin finally started waking up. "Good morning gorgeous." I smiled. Kellin looked up and smiled weakly. He didn't say anything but I brushed it off as him just being tired. It was only an hour later when he still hadn't spoken a word that I became worried.
"Kells you aren't falling back into not speaking again are you?" I asked, sitting down on the couch next to him and lacing my fingers with his. Kellin looked down guiltily. Suddenly out of no where anger shot through me and words spewed from my mouth.
"You can't just stop talking every time you see your fucking foster dad." I growled. Kellin flinched and looked at me incredulously, before getting up and running off the bus. When he ran my anger passed and what I did finally set into my brain. "Fuck." I mumbled, running out after Kellin into the pouring rain.

After an hour there was no sign of him. I sighed worriedly and started walking back to the bus. Thankfully I had put on a rain jacket before I left but Kellin on the other hand was just in a tee shirt and shorts. Even though it was Florida, the rain was fucking cold. As I walked past a weeping willow I heard a sniffle. The branches of the willow went all the way to the grass so it was impossible to see inside. I moved one of the gently swaying branches and saw the worst. Kellin was huddled up against the tree, rain had leaked though the branches and he was soaked to the bone. His eyes were closed and his lips were tinged a pale blue. "Shit Kellin." I mumbled, pulling off my jacket and sweater and pulling it on the boy. He barely stirred. I carried him back to the bus through the pouring rain and lay him down in my bunk after drying him off as best I could and awkwardly changing his clothes. Then I went and cleaned off as well. When I came back Kellin was half awake and glaring at me. "I'm sorry I snapped. I don't even know why I said those things." I said sincerely. Kellin seemed convinced so he scooted over so I could lay with him. We lay in silence for a few minutes before we heard everyone come back. "We brought you some food." Tony said, peeking his head into my bunk and handing me a styrofoam takeout box. I thanked him and nudged Kellin. He was still freezing. "Here. Food." I said, showing him the box. Then I went into the kitchen and grabbed two forks and two knives. We sat up as well as we could in the bunk and dug into the delicious pancakes. After we had finished I cleaned up and pulled Kellin closer to me. "I'm so fucking sorry for what I said." I apologized again.
"Vic it's fine." Kellin said, pulling my face down and kissing me gently. I nodded and we cuddled for the rest of the day until it was time for the show.

The last song we played was King For. A Day. It was our first time playing it live. As Kellin and I sang the final words to the song I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and pulled him against me. I dropped the mic and grabbed Kellin's face, kissing him roughly. I could hear the fans going nuts at the kiss. When we broke apart I smiled at Kellin, brushing his wet hair out of his eyes. Was this the start of something great?

// sorry this is short!