Chapter 5

Giving a curt nod to the guard standing outside the room, I storm towards my office before my feet can make the decision to go back and take Gaia to my house

Giving a curt nod to the guard standing outside the room, I storm towards my office before my feet can make the decision to go back and take Gaia to my house... to our room where she fucking belongs. For the next hour, I paced around the office next to the room Gaia was in. I clean all my guns while keeping one eye on her. She didn't fucking move an inch. I should've let her stay in the comfort of the bed for longer. But with her around, all my carefully laid plans go out of the window. I just want to check all boxes of the plan and get to the end of it, where we are together as a couple.

All my life, the decisions I had taken were for her. I bled and killed to get the ranks. Like a teenager with the fucking Pinterest board, I had my own gory version of the dreams. I had pinpointed the areas in New York, bent the most loyal men's support towards me. The only thing I ever wanted to be was to become strong for the one girl who makes me weak.

A knock sounded on the door and Natasha peeked her head, slowly slipping inside my office space. The club is located on the outskirts of New York and some of the people responsible for running it without hassle also have a room here. Including Natasha, who goes by the shitty club name, Trixie.

"She will be awake in the afternoon." I ordered her. She nodded slightly knowing what she needed to do.

"And don't you dare fucking smoke in there." I threatened. Her face fell, but she knew better than to reason with me. She is an assassin and completes her job by luring the men hiding where we can't reach without her charm.

I sent my loyal man with Natasha, who would gauge his own eyes out if he even accidentally glanced at something that was mine.

Gaia as expected, shied away, and slept most of the time as she had needed. When I ordered Natasha to give Gaia some food, she fucking nibbled on them. Natasha will be paying for that later.

My knuckles were raw from the assault when I punched the wall in anger. Gaia ate Natasha's leftover food. The despair on her face cracked my heart. When Ruslan came in to hand me the cash he had collected from the debtors, he gave me a disappointing look. Thank fuck, I hated myself as well. But there is so much I have to offer Gaia when she comes to terms with me.

But, I was impressed by Gaia when she shared her food with Natasha the next day. I wanted an independent woman who spoke her mind, but as I knew, it wouldn't be an option considering the war between our families. Calling for an arranged marriage would have meant the bratva had accepted defeat. I have a big gash on my back. The blade of my father's knife had split the skin in half.

Two years ago, I had asked my father to order the Camorra to betroth their princess to the bratva prince. But my pakhan was offended like I had asked him to get on his knees and beg the Camorra for Gaia's hand. He told me that if I wanted her I should go ahead and steal her.

I couldn't expect Gaia to start a life with me like I didn't really abduct her from her house, so she needed to be submissive. She shied away when the cages filled with the customers. The fear of having the same fate settled in her. I had given her breakfast in the middle of the night to take her senses to understand time. It took me more hours than needed to do the final thing. It was puerile for a man like me to even come across the scheme. The woman I work with has no fucking weakness but this was too fucking cliche, that even I knew. Gaia would owe me once again, before knowing the things I was gonna demand from her.