I could hear Bancroft's angry protests fade away as a few confused Seventh Year's entered the classroom.

Severus' POV:

Walking swiftly down the halls with the disruptive student, I contemplated what exactly I would tell Albus once we arrived at his office. The door to the office opened before I had the ability to knock. Albus stood in the center of the room, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Ah, Severus. What brings you here at this time of day?" Albus asked in his usual cheerful tone.

"This insolent student is what brings me here." I reply, pushing Bancroft toward Albus.

"And what might Mr. Bancroft have done for you to bring him straight to me?" Albus asked me while looking at the boys embarrassed expression.

"Mr. Bancroft spouted various unacceptable and borderline inappropriate statements directed at myself and (Y/N)." Due to the internalized rage I had been bottling up inside myself, I referred to (Y/N) by her first name.

Bancroft glanced at me shortly, making it obvious that I had given something away with my slip up.

"Now what would compel you to say such things Mr. Bancroft?" Albus asked the boy.

"Oh, I don't know, the fact that a student from last term could possibly have some sort of relations with a teacher?" Bancroft replied with a particularly sarcastic tone.

"Ms. (Y/L/N) is a professor herself. Your professor's personal life should be none of your concern." Albus scolded the boy.

"So you're saying it's true?" Bancroft asked, seeming shocked at Albus being unfazed by this.

"Enough Bancroft. It is not your place to ask such questions." I responded angrily before Albus could.

"Severus, if you would please remain here for a moment. Mr. Bancroft, return to your class." Albus asked of me while dismissing Mr. Bancroft from the room.

As soon as the boy left the room, Albus sighed,

"Severus. Your relations with (Y/N) are not wrong or against any rules. The actions or opinion of a singular student will not change that fact."

I sighed and responded,

"None of the students at this school know our background, Albus. They will assume we had some sort of scandalous student-professor affair last term if word gets out."

I was frustrated with the current situation and Albus seemed to notice.

"I understand your frustration, Severus. It is your choice whether you and (Y/N) keep this to yourselves while at Hogwarts. But I want to make it known to you that no one is forcing you to keep this a secret.

I contemplated the thought and sighed,

"Alright. I'll be returning to my classroom now, Albus."

Your POV:

Quite some time had passed since the beginning of class. By the time Bancroft returned, students were already adding the first couple ingredients to their potions. He glared at me before returning to his seat. I could tell not even the students sitting around him wanted to ask what happened.

The class continued for a couple minutes before the door opened once more. In walked Severus, looking as though nothing had happened.

Whatever Professor Dumbledore told him must've calmed him down pretty well.

The remainder of the class continued with little verbal communication. Not until there were 5 minutes left did anyone stand up from their seat.

By the time the last student left the room, I inhaled and exhaled deeply,

"I can't believe it's only Monday.."

Severus chuckled and stood from his seat,

"Now you know what I felt like last year."

"Yeah, I guess I do." I replied and took Severus' hand to pull him in the direction of the door.

Before we could leave, Severus stopped. I turned toward him and tilted my head,

"What is it, Sev?"

Severus paused to contemplate his response and then looked at me,

"This.. relationship. It doesn't have to remain a secret if you don't wish it to be."

Saying that Severus' words surprised me would be an understatement. I thought of my response and cleared my throat,

"I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. But, what would the students think?"

"Let them think what they wish. I merely want you to be comfortable and not feel compelled to keep this a secret." Severus reassured me.

I smiled at him and pulled him into a tight hug,

"Thank you, Sev."

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Even though this isn't one of my longest chapters, I hope you all enjoyed it. :)

Next one may not be out for another 2 weeks because I have end of semester tests coming up. But I'll see when I have time to write the next chapter.

~Emma 💚