Ahh... the so-called, queens. You could feel it as you look at her eyes. You've seen how Niiyama Joshi was treated the first time you laid your eyes on them, enough to know enough of what was going on. From professional standards, those girls are probably the cream of the crop among the girls playing here.

And the Girls' captain might be the only one who could pick up a fight with them. Or that was expected of her at least.

She didn't orchestrated this whole plan to have you in this sort of exhibition match from the very start. This wasn't done to humiliate you even.

This was done as a last ditch effort to satisfy herself.

To make herself feel good.

Before she faces Niiyama Joshi in her next match. You were asked to play as a pull of confidence. She needed to crush someone to draw out her self-esteem. It was as simple as that. And which explains the treatment between the established hierarchy in their club— For someone to gain self esteem, someone else had to lose theirs.

You wanted to laugh. This was an athlete that could break any moment, with a fragile sense of confidence, a fragile reason to play, a fragile will. But who were you to judge anyway. You try to look at this athlete, this pitiful creature.

She was like a bird, pretending to be an eagle— being choked from the inside of that costume she couldn't handle. But she a stubborn little bird trying to fly despite that weight.

Then you just needed to bring her down. 

Hanazono Chiho was a junior high volleyball star, someone drafted by the Niiyama Girls' High. But she wasn't a born genius. And wasn't someone born into a good family either.

But it used to be. It used to be a household where her mother would play with her everyday even after her work, and would even tease her when she failed to even toss a ball up. And with a father who was always watching them.

But she wasn't someone who played with that image in mind. Not anymore.

She was someone who played to get the attention of a father who suddenly kept looking after someone else. And someone who played to be like the image of her deceased mother who was once a national volleyball player.