Book 2 Chap. 8

~See, I took your mother there. I took someone special there. Your mom was my special person. When you're older, find your special person, and take them there. But you have to make sure...that they're the one you know you'll end up with. You don't want to bring someone there that can ruin your secret...~

******

Arabella's POV

I pulled Scorpius along, back to the quidditch pitch.

When we got there, I stopped and turned to him.

"Scorpius, can you keep a secret?" I asked.

He looked at me oddly. "Yes..? Why?"

I smiled. I went and got a broom. "Hop on!"

His eyes widened as I mounted the broom.

"Like, with you?" he asked.

I nodded. "Don't make it weird. Just get on."

He quickly mounted the broom, and I flew us around.

"So, I'm taking you to a secret place. You must never speak about it to anyone but me, am I clear? Or else we can never be friends again," I said sternly.

"Alright then. Where is this place?" he asked.

He had an arm around my waist, and it was sending butterflies around in my stomach.

"R-right here," I mumbled. I could feel the heat rising on my face.

I lowered the broom to the ground of the alcove, and we dismounted.

He looked around in awe, and I set the broom up against the beautiful tree.

"H-how did you find this place?!" he exclaimed.

I smiled. "My parents would always come here every Saturday night to watch the sunsets ever since 6th year," I said.

His eyes widened. "But sunset isn't until a few more hours?"

I laughed. "They'd come here and talk and get to know each other more while those hours past silly!"

He blushed slightly. I walked around to the front of the tree and gazed at the carvings. Scorpius walked over and stared.

"A+K, and a heart. Was that your parents carvings too?" he asked, running a hand over them.

I nodded and pointed down to the flowers. "As are these too. The yellow one is my mum, blue one my father, and then the two pink ones are me and my sister. They magically appeared here, and they've sort of been sacred. Actually, this whole place is extremely sacred in our family. It's a symbol of love and importance."

He nodded and sat down in front of the flowers. "They're really pretty. This whole place is beautiful."

I smiled and sat next to him. "It is. It's actually the reason why I was flying a week ago. To find it. I wanted to be a part of this. My dad only told me about it, not Addy. I don't know if he will, but he only mentioned it to me for some reason. It made me feel extra special so I knew I had to overcome my fears and come and find it."

He turned to me. "You said it's a symbol of love and importance right?"

I nodded. "Yup. My father said to take someone you know won't ever ruin the secret," I said.

"But why'd you take me..?" he asked quietly.

My eyes widened, but I then smiled.

"Because Scorpius. I felt like I needed to take you."

"But you have so many other people you could've showed..."

I nodded. "I do. But for some reason, deep down, I felt like I needed to show you. I don't know why, but I did. I know you won't ruin the secret, and you're important and special too, so why not take you? Maybe that was the reason."