Untitled Part 14

I tossed and turned all night. I couldn't get that scene out of my head. Why couldn't I have saved them? The guilt is eating me alive. I feel like it's suffocating me. I could have done something. Why did I just stand there? Why!? I felt a tear roll down my cheek but quickly wiped it away. I didn't deserve to cry. I deserved this guilt. I sat up and looked around. It was almost night, I needed to get some sleep. I looked over at Amaya's limp form. If I didn't know any better, I would think she was sleeping, but sadly I knew better.

I know she wouldn't want me to beat myself up over this, but I just can't help it. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, which is eternity. I would give anything for her to just come back to me. I want her. No. I need her in my life. She was the only reason I smiled. Before she came here, I wouldn't laugh. I wouldn't smile. All I felt was hate. But, ever since I first met her, I knew she would be the one to change all this hate into love and all my frowns into smiles. She was the only person in this world who truly loved me, and human or not, I loved her back more than words could describe. Now, all I have is memories of our times together. I ran my hands through her long teal hair and touched her soft cold face, which was now even paler than before.

"Amaya. I love you," I whispered and gently kissed her cold lips before getting up and going to the dining room. Laito was sitting at the table with his head in his arms when I walked in. His shoulders were shaking; was he crying? He picked his head up when he heard me walking and quickly wiped his eyes and put on his usual smile, but I could tell it was forced.

"Hey, Subaru-kun." He said raspily. I waved and then sat down. I knew Reiji should be in here in a little bit with breakfast. Next, Kanato came in with tear tracks on his face and holding Teddy tighter than usual. He didn't say a word as he came and sat down. Then came Shu. It was the first time I'd seen him without his headphones in his ears. He wasn't crying, and it didn't look like he been, but he did look upset. He came over and sat down beside me and just stared at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked.

"Don't beat yourself up over something you had no control over." He said and looked away. Tch. What does he know? Ayato came in shortly after Shu. He sat at the far end of the table, isolated from everyone. Last came Reji; he gave us our breakfast before sitting down himself. Everyone finished quickly before going off to their separate rooms. I slowly walked to my room. When I got there, I noticed something peculiar. I had laid Amaya on her back last night, but now she was lying on her side. I must have moved her by accident. I laid back down and put a pillow over my head. A few seconds later, I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I shrugged it off, figuring it was one of my brothers,

"S-Subaru, it hurts. Please wake up." I must be imagining her voice. Suddenly, my pillow was snatched off my head and thrown across the room. I looked up to see Amaya on her knees bouncing on the bed, staring straight at me pleadingly. I smiled widely.

"Amaya! You're alive!" I grabbed her and held her tight. She hugged me back, but her mind seemed to be somewhere else,

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. She pointed to her teeth, or should I say fangs.

"They are hurting. Why are they hurting?" She whined. I sat up and thought about it. I don't know much about newborn vampires, but maybe Reiji would know. I grabbed Amaya's hand and led her down to Reiji's room. When we passed the dining room, we noticed that everyone was in there. I walked in to see Yui. She looked completely different. Her blonde hair was longer, and her eyes were more red than pink, and oh, did I mention that her breasts grew two sizes. I looked at Amaya. I hadn't noticed before, but she had changed too. Her hair was longer, past her hips now, and her blue eyes had changed to red.

"L-Laito, could you um.. put me down?" I heard Yui say. Laito was hugging her and had picked her up off the ground. Laito reluctantly put her down and then turned around to see Amaya.

"Whore-chan! I missed you!" Laito came over and hugged her; Amaya reluctantly hugged him back but then walked over to Yui. They whispered for a few minutes and then turned around to face us.

"Okay, we all need to talk," Amaya said. We all sat down at the dining room table and waited for them to speak. Amaya did most of the talking.

"Okay, so first things first," Amaya looked at Ayato and Laito,

"Laito, stop calling us Whore-chan and Bitch-chan. Yui is not a bitch, and I'm not whore, got it? Also, Ayato, stop calling Yui Chichinashi because for one that's mean, and for two, as you can see," She gestured to Yui's chest.

"That is no longer true," I heard a few chuckles from Shu and Laito. I looked around and noticed someone missing. Where is Reiji? Not even a few seconds after I thought that, Reiji walked in.

"I understand you guys are still depressed b-" Reiji's eyes widened as he saw Yui and Amaya.

"A-Amaya, Y-Yui! Nice to have you B-back." He stuttered as a deep blush on his cheeks. It must have been from seeing the new Yui. That's the first I've ever seen Reji blush; holy shit. Amaya giggled at seeing Reiji so flustered. She started holding her mouth like she was in pain, reminding me why we came down here. Before I could speak up, Amaya walked up to him.

"Umm...Reiji...Are my teeth... I mean fangs. Are they supposed to hurt?" She asked with a grimace. Reiji nodded

"You are a newborn that hasn't tasted blood yet, so of course, your fangs will hurt. You need to feed." Amaya made a disgusted face

"Blood?" She asked. Reiji nodded again

"Yes, you two are vampires now. You need blood. Stay right here. We will go get some vi- I mean blood, okay?" They both nodded, but Amaya still looked like she was going to throw up. We left them to find a victim. We went to the day school to find one. This was going to be fun; I haven't gone hunting in a while.