Chapter 54: More Than Me

Start bij het begin

Kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again.

They would all sing this together whenever they talk about World War II.

It's been a long, long time.

Mizuki grabbed the mic and walked down the stage to her father.

Haven't felt like this, my dear since can't remember when.

She pulled him up and he just complied, knowing what she wants to happen.

It's been a long, long time.

They sang together. Everyone cheered for them, after all, it's been a long, long time after Hoshi smiled so genuinely at his daughter.

You'll never know know how many dreams I've dreamed about you.

Hoshi put his arm Mizuki's shoulder, pulling her closer. Maggy was more sober now, hearing the father-daughter duet of her brother and her favorite niece.

Or just how empty they all seem without you.

Kei was watching her with a loving smile. The more time more spends with her, the more he admires her. Kenta can't help but to smile at how loving Mizuki was, even if her father shut her out for 5 years, she instantly forgave him and granted him a chance to make up. She really loves her family.

So kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again.

Mizuki looked at Kei when she sang those lines.

It's been a long, long time.

Hoshi and Mizuki finished the song together. Hoshi pat her head and hugged her loosely.

The music finished and everyone cheered. Maggy cheered loudly.

"Saki, you're here!", she shouted excitedly, hugging Mizuki tightly.

Mizuki's eyes widened in surprise and she giggled, feeling happy and giddy that she was mistaken for her mother.

Hoshi chuckled and pat Maggy's head.

"Aunt Maggy, you're wrinkling the gown.", Mizuki said.

Maggy gasped and finally snapped out of it. She let Mizuki go and looked at her from top to bottom.

"You look hot, sweetie. I bet your boyfriend is drooling over you.", she laughed and returned to her husband.

Mizuki just smiled amd returned to the stage to place the mic on the mic stand.

"SING ANOTHER SONG!", Tendou shouted.

"Satori...", she mumbled. "Only if you sing with me.", she chuckled.

Tendou sighed with a smile and nodded, agreeing to sing songs with Mizuki, take song requests and just enjoy the party with everyone.

After a few more performances from Mizuki and other members of the family, it's almost time to welcome the New Year.

Everyone changed into kimonos to greet the New Year. Mizuki wore a red and white kimono and put her hair into a perfect bun, dressed with flowers again.

After she changed, she went outside where everyone was. There were prepared benches and picnic cloth on the field so they could watch fireworks as the New Year comes.

She walked over to Kei, who was sitting down on a picnic cloth. He looked up at her and grabbed his phone, snapping pictures of her, not ashamed. His gallery was filled with pictures of him and Mizuki, just Mizuki, and dinosaur figurines he wants to buy.