We both nodded and he led the way down the corridor to an elevator. We went up to the 5th floor and continued down a few more corridors. He eventually stopped infront of a door near the end of the hallway. There was already an officer stationed outside the door. We followed him inside and my heart sank when I saw him. He was hooked up to an IV drip, bandages covered his exposed chest and an oxygen mask covered his face. I crossed the room slowly and sank into the chair next to his bed. I held his large hand in my small one and just stared at him. The guilt started to overtake me completely. He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me.

I laid my head down on his bed and let my tears flow freely. I could hear the soft beeping of the heart monitor in the background. Along with Nick's voice as he spoke to the doctor. The doctor came over by the bed, causing me to lift my head up.

He smiled at me, "he's going to be okay sweetheart." The doctor lifted the oxygen mask off Derek's face and laid it on a machine on the other side of the bed. "He should be awake in an hour or so. You can sit on the bed with him if you'd like. Just mind his shoulder, it's still very tender."

"Thanks." I whispered. He gave my shoulder a small pat and left the room. Nick ducked out as well, probably to grab a coffee or something.

I crawled up onto the hospital bed next to Derek and lay next to him. I was careful not to put any of my weight on him as I rest my head on the pillow next to his. I closed my eyes and listened to his breathing. I must have dozed off for a little while. The next thing I remember is hearing Nick talking. I was surprised to hear Derek's voice respond to him.

"She's been there since she came in." Nick said softly.

I could hear the smile form on Derek's face as he chuckled. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"Hey peaches." He cooed.

I lept up, wrapping my arms around his neck. I felt him wince in pain and pulled back. "I'm sorry." I said meekly.

He took my hand in his and kissed it gently. "I'm glad you're okay peaches."

I snorted, "I should be the one saying that to you. You're the one that got shot!"

He chuckled, running his thumb over my knuckles. I smiled back at him, interlacing my fingers with his. Nick cleared his throat, letting us know he was still there. The door opened as he did so, and our hands broke apart.

"Ah, you're awake. How are you feeling?" The doctor said cheerfully.

"Like I got shot." Derek said bluntly.

Nick and I stifled a laugh. The doctor went about checking Derek's vitals. Asking him some general questions about his medical history. He paged a nurse to come in and switch out the IV drip for a fresh one. Which she was also told to add some pain medication to. When they were finally done they both left, leaving me alone with Derek and Nick once again.

"What happened to Andrew?" Derek asked, his tone was exhausted.

Nick scratched the back of his head. Derek frowned, instantly knowing he wasn't going to like the response. I took this opportunity to duck out of the room to go grab a coffee. One of the officers roaming outside accompanied me to the cafeteria. He didn't speak much, but his presence made me feel more secure.

A loud alarm began to sound through the PA system.

"CODE SILVER... CODE SILVER... CODE SILVER"

I looked at the officer confused. "What's code silver?"

"Active shooter." The police officer said cautiously, putting his hand on the holster of his gun.

He wrapped an arm around me and hurried me back to Derek's room. The door was closed and locked behind me, I turned around to see 3 police officers already in the room.