Chapter 31 | Midnight Memories

Start from the beginning

"Why not? I've always wanted one," He shrugs. I wrap my arms around him tightly and press my lips on his. I turn on my heels holding Niall's hands behind me. 

"Liam? Louis? Zayn?"

"It's a no from me," Louis imitates Simon's voice. Liam's lips press into a flat line. 

"Will, you ever stop with that joke?" Louis responds with a 'no' trying his best to sound like Simon as he does so. "It's never going to end," Liam sighs and rubs his temples. 

"So, is that a no Payno?" 

"Yeah, I'm gonna sit this one out." 

"You two are no fun," I turn to look at Zayn with my eyebrows raised in question. "You could finally get that nose piercing you wanted," 

"I'm in,"

"Yessss!!" I run over and hug him. He stumbles backward in surprise and wraps his arms back around me careful not to get the hot Cheeto dust that coats his fingers, on me. 

About a minute later, Paul comes into the room telling us we have to get back to the hotel. I shove all of the snacks into a small grocery bag that I picked up from outside after retrieving it back out of the bin. The bin was empty when I threw it in there so it's not that disgusting. 

We almost have to sprint out to the car to try and avoid getting mobbed. Niall's hand is intertwined with mine as we run out of the arena into a large van. 

It's almost 1 in the morning when we finally get back to the hotel. I crawl into the bed next to my already sleeping boyfriend as soon as my make up is off and I've stripped out of my clothes into one of Niall's t-shirts. 

-

Niall had pulled me into his chest sometime in the night and I wake up with his chin nuzzled into my hair and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I shut off the alarm on my phone and lay in silence. Paying attention to his slow steady breathing while the rest of the world slipped away. About five minutes later another alarm went off and this time, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't hit the snooze button and fall back to sleep because we'd be late to the studio. 

Niall groans beside me and rolls onto his back stretching his arms out. I yawn and sit up and try to rub the tiredness out of my eyes. It doesn't work. 

I go to the bathroom only to find out that I look a mess when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair is sticking out everywhere, I've got bags under my eyes, and there's a tiny bruise forming on my forehead from where the door punched me. You owe me Styles. Niall comes into the bathroom not too long after me looking to be in about the same state that I am in. We brush our teeth and do everything else we need to do in silence. It's a comfortable silence. 

He slips a navy blue button-up over a white t-shirt before coming back into the bathroom. His blonde locks are still damp from his shower earlier. 

"Can you do my hair?" I smile and nod my head. 

"Sit," I pat on the closed toilet seat. He does as I say and I get to work on his hair. I click play on my phone and 5 Seconds of Summer echo through the bathroom. Niall shakes his head and laughs when I stop doing his hair so I can use the hairbrush as a microphone. I dance around the bathroom like an idiot and pass the "mic" to Niall who gladly takes it and joins me. When the song finishes I look at the time. We're cutting it quite close so I finish blow-drying his hair and spike it up with some gel. Once I was pleased I let him go and went back into the bedroom to get dressed. 

I try to pick something nice but, not extremely fancy since the nicest thing any of the boys were wearing was a button-up shirt and black skinnies. I finally settle on something and put it on before running to the lobby with the rest of the boys trailing behind knowing we're already late.