"W-what are you talking about, Kirishima?" Gray eyes clouded over with scrutiny. "Why are you-

"My love isn't enough to keep you by my side. You need more than that. You need someone who's going to love you unconditionally and trust you with everything. You need someone who loves you the right way. T-that person isn't me though."

Yokozawa sat there for a bit, processing everything that was being said. So the elder loved him but didn't want to be with him...? Had he done something wrong? He thought they were doing good. They had agreed to be boyfriends.....

"I-I'm sorry?" The younger said, hanging his head low. "I-I'm sorry if I did something that made you come to this decision b-but I dont understand what's going on. I though we-

"It wasn't anything you did. I just realized I can't be with you because of my daughter and family."

"Because of your family and daughter?" He asked unsurely. "What do they have to do with this? Do they not know about me?"

Hazel eyes widened slightly. "My family has everything to do with this and they don't know about you. It's better that way."

And in a way, it was. If Kirishima avoided telling his family about Takafumi, then he could possibly skip out on having to tell the younger what he really was. He wasn't ashamed of falling in love with a man, but how do you tell your child and parents that you fell in love with an experiment?

A person that was made through trial and error.

A person who he mistreated but yet managed to keep by his side.

He figured it was best to dodge that bullet. What would he tell his parents if they asked how they met?

Oh I went out of town and my scientist made him out of random people's DNA. We didn't officially meet until I came back. I first saw him when he was sedated and strapped to a table.

Is that what he was supposed to say?

"I-it's better that they don't know about me?" The younger male repeated softly, his voice on the verge of being nonexistent. "I don't know what you want from me, Zen."

He began crying.

He looked up, his gray eyes watering with inevitable tears. "W-what do you want me to say or do?"

Kirishima wanted to believe he was a good person, but what he planned on saying was about to contradict that and he knew it. "I want you to hate me. I want you to do anything besides like me. I treated you so bad, so why are you crying? Do you forget I was the one who kept you locked up and devoid of people? You should be happy."

"I-I don't hate you-

"Well if you don't hate me now, you eventually will." Kirishima concluded with a shrug. On the inside he wanted to take it all back. He wanted to pull the crying man to his chest and say it'd all just been a crazed spat due to overthinking but he couldn't. Everything he was doing was for the better.

He was finally going to put an end to what should've never been, and this time he wasn't backing out.

He wasn't going to leave until he saw that spark die out. Until those bright expressive gray orbs could no longer shine or hold any ounce of happiness. He want to destroy this man in the only way he knew how.

To lie and take away the one thing he'd given him.

His love.

"You want to know why I can't love you?" He asked in a condescending way, tipping the youngers face up and staring at him with such unamused eyes. "It's because you're not really all that lovable. Every trait you have, each characteristic, and facial expression was programmed into you. You're an experiment. You were created to my liking. That's the only reason I like you. That feeling that you feel in here," he poked his chest roughly. "We put that in you."

Yokozawa stayed silent. He refused to believe the elder didn't love him. All of this was some kind of cruel joke. Kirishima loved him. He'd said it and showed it multiple times.

"S-stop. This isn't funny." He said while shaking his head.

"You just don't get it. You're not like the rest of us. You're human, but you're not really a person. You have no free thoughts. We programmed your brain to be similar to a dog. People can treat you so bad, yet you stay. Kind of like right now. You can't take a hint."

Yokozawa felt something twinge inside of his chest. He'd been hurt physically a lot of times, but this pain was different. It was the type of pain he felt when Kirishima had locked him in the storage room. It was the pain that came with losing somebody you love.

To be hurt by somebody you love.

"I-I'm sorry that there's nothing l-lovable about me." Yokozawa said, wiping his face with his hand. "But if you really don't love me then I guess there's nothing I can do, i-is there? T-there's nothing I can do or say that'll make you change your mind."

Those were the words Kirishima was looking for. Words that meant the younger had finally given up on him, yet those words did nothing for him. If anything they didn't make him feel relaxed, they made him feel shocked. He hadn't expected Yokozawa to give up so easily, he'd expected him to put up more of a fight.

Maybe he honestly did love him, and it wasn't because they programmed him to do it. He'd loved him on his own terms.

"Bye, Takafumi." He said with a shrug. "You can stay here if you want. I really don't care, just don't go doing anything stupid, alright?"

Don't go doing anything stupid.

Those were Kirishima's final words to him. Probably the last request he'd ever get from him, so he agreed.

"A-alright. B-bye Zen."