At Odds

Hey hey, hope everyone is having a good day cause I'm not. But writing makes me feel better. So here's another chapter.

__________________________________________

Venus POV

I was in so much pain...But the only thing I could think of was getting out of here--Wherever here was. I had started to feel less dizzy after some guy came in and gave me medicine, and though my head was burning, I wasn't going to stay here.

I wasn't going to let them murder me. Whoever they were, whatever they wanted, they weren't going to get it from me. So I stumbled out of the rather gigantic house, luckily unnoticed, and I ran. For the first few strides, I kept tripping. I scraped up my knees a good bit, however I wasn't going to focus on that.

I was focused on escaping. Though I had contemplated dying, I wasn't planning on dying this way. There was a list of things these people could be. They could be cannibals, sex traffickers, murderers, or hell even a cult. So there was no way I could stay here.

I forced my body into cooperating with me. With survival on the line, the adrenaline that I was feeling overpowered my pounding headache and dizziness. So I ran. I ran in a direction that was away from the house, and away from the driveway.

I knew that I probably only had a few minutes at most, before someone realized I was gone. I was afraid that that guy would find me. What was his name again? Sebastian? I think that's what it was. 

I couldn't remember. All I knew was that he scared the hell out of me, and I had a feeling that if he found me, he would hurt me. So despite the pain that I was in, I continued to run. I was not the athletic type, but my body was aiding me in running for my life.

My adrenaline was high, so I was able to run for much longer than I normally could. But I was still concussed, and I was clumsy. I felt my foot catch on something, sending me flying to my hands and knees once again. I was ready to pull myself to my feet, to continue fleeing, when I locked eyes with a huge wolf.

It's brown eyes stared into mine, sending a ripple of fear into me. I watched it, petrified as it began to slowly walk towards me. I let out a fearful cry, scooting back as much as I could. It snapped its jaws, exposing it's sharp canines.

I wanted to run, but I knew that running from a wolf only enticed it. It would only make it want to chase me even more. So my life was at the mercy of this wolf's, and I had a feeling I wasn't going to be so lucky.

I saw my life flash before my eyes as it lunged at me. Just as I thought I was going to die, a hand yanked me up from the ground and pulled me away. I turned to look at the person who had grabbed me, when I was met with a familiar face.

My jaw dropped as I saw the blue eyes that belonged to my only friend, Logan. His blonde hair slid in front of his face, before he quickly moved it out of the way. We didn't have time to stare at  each other, as he was now standing between the wolf and I.

I tried to pull him back, worried that the wolf would tear him apart. But when his blue eyes turned to yellow, I recoiled back. I was frozen in shock at what I had just seen, wondering if maybe my concussion had caused me to imagine it.

But when I heard a low rumbling sound come from Logan, I knew I couldn't have imagined it. The brown wolf which had once been growling at me, now stepped back from us. I was confused when it no longer flashed its teeth at me, wondering why it had suddenly just backed down.

And then Logan looked back to me with his eyes still yellow. He pulled me into a hug, and even though I wanted to pull away, I couldn't. I had just seen my best friend's eye turn yellow, and not only that, but he stared down a wolf.