But her mind kept drawing itself back to the letter.

would that old stack of bones know anything about Tom Riddle Snrs old life! About Merope?—

She was only here until the night and that might be probably her last time in the Riddle manor she had to get answers and she needed them fast.

"Fate come downstairs and have a look!" William called out excitedly.

She strolled downstairs and saw William was dressed as a vampire "aww  you look wonderful and pretty scary, where is the little princess?" Fate inquired looking around.

"Right here!" Maddy called skipping down the stairs.

"Oh my! Look at you, are you dressed as a-"

"A witch!" The enthusiastic girl giggled.

And just as she did grandpa and grandma Riddle walked downstairs, upon hearing the word "witch" both of them had a displeased look on their faces.

Fate as always was quick to notice and got the answer to her question.

"Alright it's time to leave, I just need to get my jacket" She walked upstairs, behind her she could hear both the kids giggling.

Suspiciously she looked around in her room before entering and there on the marble tiles was laying a black snake, more precisely a rubber snake. She smirked, a snake was the last thing to get her scared.

She walked back down wearing her black jacket. "Let's go kids"

Both the children glanced at each other confused because their babysitter was supposed to look terrified but instead she looked like she was in more of a pleasant mood.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Okay this is the last house alright, it's getting late"

"Okay"

Soon all three of them were back home and the kids chomping on their candy after dinner.

"Time for bed little Riddles, you can have the rest of the candy tomorrow"

"But you won't be here tomorrow," Maddy said gloomily.

"Yes I won't but your candy will be" Fate smiled.

"But we actually liked you. You are so brave! You were not even scared of the snake" William said impressed.

"I like you guys too, and I know you will be brave just like me when you grow up" she smiled slightly unhappy, they were kids after all it was not their fault if they were being raised in such a dire manner.

It's never the child's fault for how they grow up, it's their parents. It's not the child's fault it's their parent's fault.

These words rang around Fate's mind, making her uneasy.

maybe its not entirely Toms fault for him being the way he is—

"We will miss you Fate"

"I'll miss you too little Riddles...Goodbye," she closed the door with a sigh and walked to her room.