The next morning I woke up around eight o'clock, checked my phone and saw a text from Christian.

'Business call.'

I told Christian that under no circumstances was anyone allowed to knock on my bedroom door to inform me about work... No matter how serious it was, I expected a text or a call. I turned around to see Bonnie still fast asleep with her leg over mine and her delicious lips staring back at me but I didn't want to wake her up so I just placed a peck on her forehead and lips. I took a shower and got in my sweatpants and a black t-shirt that held my muscles tightly.

"What is it?" I asked Christian as i threw myself on my office chair behind the glass table.

"Raz's family called last night."

I leaned forward to pay careful attention to what he was saying... I was sure they found out that Raz was dead and it was quite possible that they knew who killed him.

"They want to meet in Spain as soon as possible. I already called in the jet for you. "

"When do we take off?"

Christian brought his wrist up to his face to look at the time. "In five hours."

I got up and ran my fingers through my hair while I paced around in circles. I was worried about leaving Bonnie but if I left with her I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she got hurt.

"Uhhm, Ian..."

I turned to Christian and crossed my arms over my chest with my eyebrows furrowed.

"About what I said about cutting off Raz a while ago..."

"You already apologized, Christian." I cut him off.

He sighed, "I know but now that I've experienced the kind of love that you share with her... I get why what I said hurt you. You really do love her."

"But you were right. There's a great chance that they'll make me choose between my life and hers. But what happens to her when I let them kill me? How do I keep her safe when I'm dead?" I sighed as i threw some ornament that sat on my desk across the room and I threw my weight on the leather chair then rubbed my temple.

" I'm right here, brother. I'll do my best to protect you and her." he sat across me and scrunched his nose.

When I got to the dining room, I found Bonnie sitting on the table with a bowl of cereal in her hand as she stared out the huge window looking at the ocean waves. I kissed the top of her head and she gave me a smile before I sat next to her. I then leaned in for a deeper kiss and she responded by cupping my cheek with the pad of her thumb gently moving over my stubbles.

"We need to get you shaved." she chuckled.

I gasped, "And here I was thinking that you liked my facial hair..."

She scrunched her face and mumbled something that I didn't quite understand, "Fine, I'll let you shave it off ... But when I come back."

She turned to look at me while chewing on her cereal with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Raz's family called me to Spain for a meeting."

"What?" she swallowed hard. "I thought you said they were dangerous?"

"They are but..."

"Ian..."

"I'd do anything to keep you safe and if i don't show up... There's no telling what they'll do to us."

"What if they kill you?" she placed the bowl down and focused on me.

I tried pulling her closer to me but she moved further away. "Listen... If it does get there. Christian will be here." her eyes widened at what I said and she got up furiously. I grabbed her wrist wanting to talk but she snatched it back and pushed me before storming out of the room. "Bonnie!" I called but she never turned back.

I was so frustrated because a whole three hours passed with her locked up in the bedroom but I knew she wasn't committing suicide in there so I just let her be. . I kept myself busy with some work and organized more guards around the house for her. She unlocked the door after three hours so I could pack up my things. She sat on the bed totally ignoring my presence and I didn't want to upset her any further so, I just also kept quiet.

"Ian..."

I stood by the closet door so I could see her, "Bonnie?"

She sat up and sighed, "I don't want you to go."

I took my suitcase and put it next to the bed. "I know but I have to... I have no choice. Being in this type of business isn't easy... Nor is it fun. It's dangerous." i gave my suitcase to Roderick, one of the guards that stood outside the bedroom door.

"So, you're leaving?"

"Yes..." I placed a kiss on her forehead and left.

In the living room... Just as I was about to open the front door, I felt a hand pull me back by the arm.

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know how long it's going to take... Maybe five days."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes as a tear ran down her cheek. "And how will I know that you won't be dead by then?" she looked up at me with the hugest amount of sadness beaming through her beautiful eyes.

The room had two guards positioned by the huge windows and two maids dusting up the place. "All of you... Get out." I ordered and the whole room cleared out in seconds then I was left with Bonnie in there.

"What am i supposed to do in this big house alone?"

"Don't worry..." i pulled her into my arms and she pushed me off.

"How can I not worry?" she banged on my chest with her fists clenched but it wasn't that hard and I held her still by her shoulders. She pulled me down to her lips and I picked her up then pinned her against the wall. And damn was the sex amazing. Like... Everytime I thrusted inside of her I felt so many emotions all at once but most of all, the love we shared was something I held dearly in my heart and I wanted to marry her more than anything. I wanted her all to myself in every way that was possible.

After that I did up my belt up and kissed her lips slowly then placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll be back... I love you."

"I love you too..." she whispered and I left.

We got to the jet ten minutes early and I called my mother. I thought at least Bonnie needed someone to keep her company and last time they met, they were pretty cool with each other.

If the meeting with the Spanish got messy... I had a backup plan for their whole family to be massacred on the spot. As much as it was going to be dirty... I was willing to do anything to save my family. Literally anything.

_____________________