Chapter 102

Miles's POV

Four am. It barely feels like midnight and I can barely believe I've looked out the fucking window for five hours like a fucking cat or some shit. 

The whiskey in my hands is long gone and the empty bottle has been taunting me for at least three hours.

"Fuck!" I yell and stand the hell up, kicking at the glass bottle next to me, watching as it smashes into a wall.

"I fucked up," I whisper to myself.

"I fucked up!" I yell and kick at the glass cabinet in my room, smashing it into pieces. 

 I look at the broken glass beneath my feet before wiping my desk clean and breaking anything that falls onto the ground. 

I grab my phone and throw it as hard as I can into the black wall in my room. The phone cracks as much as it can before smashing itself onto the ground. 

I watch the cracked phone and as I'm about to walk closer I look beneath my feet. The glass all around me and the pearl necklace caught in between broken pieces of glass. 

I almost scoff. The meaning feels almost literal. Madison is always caught up in between my shit.

"I'm sorry." I gulp and clench my jaw as I slowly pick up the pearl necklace only to cut myself on a piece of glass between my thumb and wrist. 

The small gash starts to bleed and a part of me feels like I deserve it, I deserve all of the glass on the floor being gashed into my skin. My feet lazily take me towards my bed, the silk sheets have been washed but nothing can wash out the damage that has been done to them. 

I've lost everything because of my ways—because of my past. We barely even begun and now it might never truly begin. 

The lights in my room are dark and the darkness outside makes it almost impossible to see anything and yet I managed to find her necklace. 

I close the curtains and my feet slowly take me towards the bed again. I lick my lips since the dryness of alcohol has fucked me up for the past five hours. 

As I lay on the bed, I place the necklace on my black nightstand and lay back down, staring at the ceiling and thinking about her—about all of her. 

As thoughts of Madison roam around in my head, I feel my breath getting heavier and my heartbeat getting thicker and more rapid.

"Knock, knock." I hear a voice say--a voice I don't recognize.

"Great." I sigh, letting my feet take me toward the door lazily.

"Happy birthday!" A girl screams in a black robe before gesturing for someone I can't see to rush up the stairs. I'm taken aback as I watch two girls walking into my bedroom, both blonde and both in black silk robes.

"I'm not interested—" I start, realizing they must be some kind of strippers.

"Oh of course you are, Jacob sent us, he said—"

"He what?" I smirk.

"Yeah, Jacob Wilson and Hayden Jackson?" the other blonde says.

"I've never heard those names in my life. You must have the wrong address, the houses here are tricky." I wink with a smile, my tongue on my canine before I turn it into a lip bite.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." One of them says and I give her a smile.

"It's no problem, but you two ladies should get going," I smirk and they both nod.

"We will." One of them smiles while the other bites her lip too hard.

"I'll show you the door, I got to get going too." I smile and the three of us rush downstairs. After watching them leave, I rush into my black Lambo, someone needs to get beath the fuck up.

Madison's POV

'What the fuck am I doing? I feel like I've lost my fucking mind, gone insane maybe? After the first time with Madison, I couldn't handle it, it was like my body went through something I had never experienced before with anyone else. I felt like a fucking virgin, but this was better . . . it was love . . . maybe?'

I read Miles' words over and over again, it's almost like I'm stuck in a loop. For the past week, I've debated in my head whether or not Miles meant his words that night, the night that everything changed. 

The way his dark hazel eyes looked at me and said 'Really? Because I love you.' My heart still flutters at the words but there was no way for me to know if he meant the words or not, until now. 

Now I know that even in private, he felt that way. A part of me wants to jump back in and forgive him as if nothing happened but the other, stronger part of me needs to know the real him—needs to see the real him. 

I glance at my bright phone only to see that it's five am, which always reminds me of the time I walked back to my dorm and bumped into Miles, after that we got coffee and after that, I don't know how I feel down the hole that is Miles. 

I take a deep breath, I didn't even realize that the sun had set or that it's Miles' birthday today. I glance over at Stephanie's bed, it's made perfectly and the pillows look much better than mine, considering that mine is covered in tears. 

Tossing and turning all night hasn't helped and re-reading what Miles wrote, only seems to do more damage. 

Rain starts to tap harshly against my window and I feel much worse being here all alone. My feet manage to stand up and take me toward the desk as I stare at the pouring rain and the darkness outside. 

I sit on top of my desk, my knees drawn to my chest as I hold them tightly and stare at the rain. Everything that used to calm me before only makes me feel worse now that I don't have him—I don't have Miles.

I open the window to be able to breathe anything other than my tears for the past few hours but after water gushes inside, I'm quick to shut the window. I hear a knock at my door and I instantly jump up.

"Open up, cupcakes!" hear and I shake my head before my feet slowly take me towards the door to a blonde girl with a bright smile.

"Cupcake!" She says, handing me a vanilla cupcake with blue icing a small blue lit candle.

"What is—"

"It's Miles's birthday, Jacob and Hayden are making sure he gets the biggest celebration, so we're all a part of it." She winks and I part my lips to ask her to explain further, but before I can, she's gone. 

I close the door behind me and stare at the small flame as I place the small cake on my desk. 

I sit on the small chair, my eyes still on the flame as I listen to the rain mixed in with wind bashing at my window.

I rest my head on my hand and pick at the icing, tasting the sweet frosting.