“What happened to powering through it?”

“That was before they decided to put the spotlight on me and my childhood stories. Oh c’mon! Please! We can just go make out at the beach again! Hell, we don’t even have to go far. We’ll just do it in a tree or something.” Izuku gave her a small, sympathetic smile, not moving from his spot. “...Ugh, fine.” She lifted her leg back inside, sighing as she made her way to the door. Grasping the knob, she looked to Izuku. “Ready?”

“Y-Yeah, let’s do this.” Izuku waited for Kyouka to open the door, but she simply stood there holding the knob. “...Kyouka?”

“...I can’t turn it.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Yes.” 

Izuku leaned over, wrapping his hand around Kyouka’s to turn the doorknob. He twisted the knob, but Kyouka held it still. “Wh-? Kyouka.”

“No.”

Izuku twisted harder, but Kyouka’s grip was firm. She began putting herself between the door and Izuku, pushing him back. “Kyouka!”

“No!”

“Kyouka, we have to go through with this!”

“I will not move!” Izuku grabbed Kyouka by the waist, lifting her up into the air and placing her down away from the door. “...Fair enough.” Izuku opened the door, motioning for her to go first with a smile. ‘...Please don’t be as bad as I’m expecting it to be.’

...

‘I was wrong. This is worse.’ Kyouka sat across from her mother, who was happily eating her udon. The problem was with the two men sitting across from one another. Izuku sat in pure silence, his eyes wide and beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. Kyoutoku chewed slowly, staring down Izuku. “What happened to Izuku not having to fear for his life anymore?”

Kyoutoku responded without looking away from Izuku, “I told you I would test him from time to time. I need to see how he does under pressure.”

His daughter turned to Mika, “And you approve of this?”

“We have to support your father’s antics sometimes, dear.” The room was completely silent except for the clinking of chopsticks against plates and soft chewing. Izuku sat frozen as Kyoutoku ate his food with an unblinking stare directed at the teen. “...So how has everyone’s day bee-?”

Kyoutoku jumped up, his hands slamming down on the table. He leaned close to Izuku, his glare piercing as his quirk activated to deepen his voice. "What's my daughter's favorite band!?"

"Deep Dope."

"What's her favorite food!?"

"Yakitori."

"When's her birthday!?"

"August 1st."

"What's the first instrument she learned how to play!?"

"Acoustic guitar."

"What's her least favorite genre of music?"

"Freeform Jazz."

"What's her favorite hobby!?"

"Playing music."

"Aha! I've got you! That was a trick quest-"

"And making fun of and/or teasing people...Usually me."

“What were you two doing in her room last night?!”