chapter 37 | Toys

•••

4:50 pm.

After taking a quick shower, I climb on the sofa while she's typing on her phone, but I get clingy and crawl over her to rest my head on her chest and wrap my arms around her. "I missed holding you like that..." I mumble, but she presses a kiss on my forehead and fills my stomach with butterflies. "I missed it too. I missed it a lot," she leaves her phone aside just for me, and she hugs me back, so I keep my eyes closed and enjoy this moment full of warmth, care, and love.

While I'm almost dozing off on her, she runs her fingers through my hair and soothes me, making me feel relaxed and good as ever. I kindly rub the tip of my fingers over her back as she's doing so, and I pay attention to the beating of her heart, soft and slow, perfect for me to fall asleep like a baby.

"Do you want to eat lamb skewers for dinner?" she asks in a delicate voice, combing my hair the way I like it. "Yes, please."

"Okay, we'll eat some more of the chocolate cake you baked for dessert then," she kisses my forehead once again, but I cuddle up against her even more, moving my head down on her breasts, my arms remain around her body, and she pampers me with a lot of attention and care.

"I love you..." I smile against her warm skin, but her fingers run down the side of my face to skin my cheek. "I love you too."

At the sound of those words that can make my heart lose its steadiness, my lips curve up, but I move up to face her, and I lock our lips for a tender kiss. Her hand cups my face while mine are holding my upper body up, and I give gentle pecks to them, but once I feel her thumbs caress my jawline and hot cheeks, I break the soft kiss and brush my cheek past hers to end with my face in the crook of her neck, and I let my body rest down on her.

"Are you okay?" she pulls my hair back with kindness, and I nod. "Yes, why do you ask?"

"I don't know, I feel like something is wrong but that you don't talk about it," she wraps her arms around my neck, and I open my eyes to look up into her eyes. "No, I'm fine. I just missed you a lot, and you? Do you want to talk?"

"Not necessarily," she acts a bit odd as if she didn't dare to bring the topic up. "Really? I want you to talk if needed, or if this is about what we only talked about on the phone...tell me unless you want to wait."

"Well, I don't have much to say about this. I just wonder if you have any questions or fears that you'd like to talk about with me," she expresses her worry about my feelings and point of view, making me feel like I should tell her and ask her what I want to know. "I just...I'm scared to not be able to be or feel like a father."

"It's okay, you don't have to be worried. I'll be here with you, and I'll make sure you're not stressed or anything," she relieves me and comforts me. "And is it going to hurt you...? I mean, I didn't ask my mother about it, but I'm scared you could be in a lot of pain."

"It will be a bit difficult, but every woman can handle it. Don't worry about that," she smiles at me, showing how strong she is as always. The dame expression grows on my face, but I turn around, remaining between her thighs, I grab a fluffy blanket to cover our bodies, lean back, and take her hands to intertwine them with mine. "I'm going to work hard and graduate to be there for the baby and allow you to have some breaks. I promise."

"Don't promise anything, just do your best," she presses one kiss on my cheekbone and hugs me, so I keep my hands tangled in hers, and I turn my head to the side to close my eyes and breathe her scent in.

•••

8 pm.

"Come on, try to explain in French what you're going to do after studying," she plays with my hair as we got back into our previous position after eating dinner, and I try to focus. "Okay, uhm...let's say it in English first. I'm going to brush my teeth, give you a goodnight kiss, and hug you until I fall asleep."