chapter 4 | Private lesson

"Miss Han..." one of my students catches my attention, so I look up at him and let my hands on my handbag, "Yes, Jungeun?" 

"Uhm...do you have time right now or...am I annoying you...?" his behavior shows a different side of him, some grief exuding through his features. "I have all the time you need, Jungeun. What is happening?" 

"Uhm..." he brings his hand up to his head, scratching his ear and showing a lot of nervousness. Since he seems way too hesitant to let it out, I decide to initiate it with a few questions. "What is it about? Do you want to ask me something?" I don't talk about his grades since he's the best in every subject, but he shakes his head, "I...Nevermind...I need to go and join my brother to eat..." he steps aside to cut the conversation short, but I call him back, "Wait, you can talk to me, Jungeun. Is there a problem?" 

"No, I'm sorry about this," he leaves the room without explaining anything to me. That is odd of him, he's usually joyful but not like that. Since I cannot ask more and be insistent, I let this go for now and grab my bag to leave the room with my keys in my hand in order to lock the door and walk through the hallways. 

I have to join the professors' room and correct the tests that were done but also eat lunch to not be hungry for my next lesson, so I'm going to be in a hurry as always. 

"Miss Han!" a voice I know very well reverberates through the hallways, but I don't stop myself, I take a look at that student while continuing. "What is it, Jungkook?" I smile at the boy running towards me while gripping the straps of his bag. "I just...I wanted to wish you a good break..." his big eyes sparkle like two marbles to never change the habit, but I laugh quietly. "Wish me a good break? Then thank you, Jungkook. I hope you'll have a great break too and eat well."

"I will," he bites his lips but stays by my side to walk down the stairs, "I was wondering though....uhm...are you going to celebrate your birthday all alone...?" his shy side resurfaces now that he is alone with me.

"Well, yes," I tell him the truth without any shame but walk down the second staircase. "Oh...but...isn't this a bit sad...? Don't you want like...someone with you...?" his softly cares for me, but I smile and shake my head. "No, it's all right. I usually spend it with my parents, but they're still in another country, so I'm used to being alone now."

"Hm..." he doesn't react that much. He knows that my mother knows his, however, he never dares to mention it, even though I know his mother well, maybe he must be aware of the fact I and my mother are on bad terms. "Anyway, I need to go and eat, so see you later," I put an end to this little conversation but he grins and nods before walking out of the building. 

I hurry to get inside the room already filled with my colleagues and sit down at the table. I drop my bag down on my lap once I'm down on my chair and first take the box of chocolates out to put it on the table and then make my binder join it. 

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

Once I have my stepbrother in sight, I run towards him and slap the back of his head, "Take that, little brat," I scoff but feel his fist crashing into my abdomen, "Stop annoying me..." he sends me a glare but acts differently. I know that little boy so much that it's obvious to me whenever he doesn't feel good. 

"What's with this face? Are you mad at me?" I keep my eyes fixed on him while walking by his side to reach a restaurant. "No," he answers coldly. "Did you fail a test? Or did Miss Han tell you something?" 

"No...stop asking questions, I don't like to talk when I'm hungry," his rudeness never stop to throw his annoyance at me, but I don't insist yet. I'm going to do it gradually.