9. boxed memories

a/n:

chapter gif from Pinterest.com

So I've been researching Spencer a little more to make this more accurate and I just realized Spencer graduated high school when he was 12 (bruh) so please excuse that inaccuracy solely for the plot of the story <3

WARNING: SEASON 8 SPOILERS

tw: mentions of emotional abuse and drunk parental figure

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Can we stop by the office real quick?" Spencer asks in the void of silence in his car. "I should've thought about it before, but we don't have a key to Garcia's apartment to drop your stuff off."

"Yeah, of course." You say back, looking out the window. So much as happened in the past two days, it's still hard for you to wrap your head around everything that has happened. Thinking back to all the memories, you realize you spent all your time with Tom miserable, blatantly aware of how much you didn't love him. Sam was a different story, though. She truly was your best friend, you didn't understand why she did what she did. But part of you knows that with moving on, you are creating better friendships through the BAU. Smiling to yourself, Spencer pulls up to the BAU.

"You can wait here while I run up-" Spencer begins.

"No, I want to come up. I want to thank Garcia as well." You say, opening your car door before Spencer even has the chance.

Not saying anything back, Spencer simply gets out and leads the way up to the office.

"You said they have a case?" You ask, walking next to him.

"Yeah, they are in Florida right now. Garcia is the only one in the office."

Nodding your head, you continue to follow Spencer up to the BAU. "Are you flying there tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I have to." He says back, clicking the button for the elevator.

Pulling out your hand sanitizer, you offer some to Spencer. You know how he is about germs.

"Thanks." He says as he takes some.

You both enter the elevator and watch the doors close. You push the 6th floor button and stand in silence as the elevator starts to go up.

The elevator eventually stops, and the doors open welcoming you both to the 6th floor: the BAU.

"Oh my god! You're alive!" Garcia squeals, and runs towards you to hug you.

You hug her back tightly. "Penelope, you have no idea how much it means to me for you to let me stay at your place." You say into her blonde hair.

"Y/N, you are family. I'd do it again in a heartbeat." She says as she pulls away. She looks at Spencer, who is standing there next to you two awkwardly.

"Come, follow me you two." She urges as she scurries off to her den.

You look at Spencer, who shrugs his shoulders and follows Penelope.

As you enter Penelope's room, you are once again hit with all her eccentric toys and colors of her small room.

"Now, what brings you two here?" She asks, typing away at her computer.

"We don't have the key to your apartment to drop Y/N's stuff off." Spencer explains.

"Ah, and here I was thinking you two just wanted to visit good ole' Garcia."