8. moving day

a/n:
i am so so shocked and taken aback by how many reads this story has!! thank you for all the love on this story. ily!!

I start college back up in a few days so I may slow down on updating but I will try my best to get chapters out in a reasonable timeframe. <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Spencer pulled up to his apartment, he parks the car and looks over at you. You were passed out in the passenger seat, tears drying up on your cheeks. He swipes away the drying tears, grimacing as he does so. He feels terrible for you, and knows that when you wake up in the morning all the suppressed emotion from tonight will explode. He knows you too well to know that. This situation is taking him back to when you two were dating, reminding him of all the nights he held you close as you cried over the pathetic excuse of your father.

"Y/N, wake up." He shakes your shoulder lightly, trying not to startle you. You open your eyes slowly, adjusting to the new area you've found yourself in. 

"Where are we?" You grumble lowly, head pounding.

"My apartment." Spencer says. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." You answer bluntly. In all honesty, you feel emotionally tolled and left empty and raw, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Let's get inside, okay?" You can tell he is walking on eggshells around you. 

You don't say anything about it, though. "Okay. What time is it now?" 

"It's about 4 a.m. We should get you to bed." He says. You groan in response, just wanting to fall back asleep in his car. 

"Do I really have to do this?" Spencer says, mainly to himself. He opens his door and walks to your side of the car, where he opens the door and scoops you up into his arms.

"Spencer what are you-" You say as he does so.

"You were being hesitant. I could tell." He says plainly.

You again don't say anything in response, you just accept Spencer carrying you up to his apartment. You lay your head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat all the way up the stairs and to his apartment. 

He sets you gently onto his couch, and sets off to his kitchen for some unknown reason. You look around his apartment, smiling to yourself. It reminds you of his bedroom so many years ago, but with less science projects and more books. Bookshelves line the walls, and the rest of the living room is a dark, sage green. It is very homey, and 100% Spencer. 

Spencer returns from the kitchen, carrying some water and some crackers. 

"Here, eat and drink this. Then, you can take my bed for the night. I'll also call Hotch about what's going on. You just get your rest, okay?"

"Spencer, why are you treating me like I'm made of glass?" You ask.

"You've just been through a hard, emotional event, Y/N. I don't want to add to the cause."

"You never could." You whisper under your breath, low enough so that he could not hear you.

"Hmm?" He says, wondering what you said.