shopping for prom💃🕴

Jin pov:

I was going through my formal outfits for the prom, since it's the weekend. And non-surprisingly I don't find any. Jeez, does this mean that I would have to buy something new?

I take out my phone and quickly send a text to Jisoo.

Me: Meet me at the mall, rn!

She replies immediately.

I guess, all teenagers are on their phone 24/7. Especially on weekends.

Jisoo: ....

Me: Ugh, I need help with my prom outfit.

Jisoo: Ok ok. Well, good u asked me, cuz I needa figure out my dress problem too..

Me: Lol ok. Meet me there in ten mins, exact.

I slip into my sneakers and set off to the mall in my toyota. Cuz well, I was just too lazy to walk.

[Time skip]

I enter the shop and see jisoo waiting there, doing something on her phone.

"Oh hi!" I call out. She turns back and shortly smiles.

"Heh hi."

We both look at each other for another second till things become awkward.

"I assume, youngsters like you must be interested in fancy clothing for a....party at this shop?"

The old lady at the counter, sweetly asks. We nod and she points her hand out.

"That area has the tux for a lovely gentleman like you. And right behind that, are the dresses for a beautiful girl like u," she says while acknowledging both me and jisoo.

We follow her signal and slide into the tux section.

My hand reaches out to touch the fabric and shortlist a few good ones.

"How about this?"

Jisoo takes out a nice white tux and hands it to me. I take it and nod. "Okay. I'll try it on."

Then she goes back into the pile to look for more.

I also look around the place. Just by looking at how focused jisoo was at picking out my clothes made me think that I didn't have to lol.

She turns her face toward me and glares at me.

"Hey, don't stand idle like that. Go fetch me a dress which says, jisoo. And ofc, smg that catches..jinyoung's eyes."

I scoff and then quickly swallow that, intimidated by her deadly stare and rush over to the dress section.

I honestly don't know a lot about fashion. Never really been into it. And plus, it's even worse picking out clothes for girls.

I look around. There were many dresses, but none were really jisoo's type. As far as I know.

However, I find myself into a simple yellow dress that has kind of a summery vibe to it. I know that jisoo won't wear smg so....cute or girly like that though. She ig wants more of a badass, sexy thingy.

I look again, but tbh I find nothing else that I think would look as good on her. Not that I'm the one to judge..

She peeks inside and raises her brows.

"Nothing?" I shake my head and make a face.

"Nothing."

Before her eyes could drop, I pulled the yellow dress and looked at her. "I think this one would look nice on u."

She seems startled as I say that. should I have said that?

Her cheeks turn pink. But she quickly looks away and puts on her poker face again.

"Eh. I'll look for more. U try these on first."

She hands me a bundle of tuxedos.

I go inside the changing room and try them on one by one.

When I pick on one tux, I go out and show it to jisoo for her approval.

I have gotten every possible remark by now from her. Laugh, taunt, rejection and blank.

Finally, after putting on my last tux, I walk outside and sigh. Getting ready for yet another failure.

"Ok, go on. Tell me what's wrong with this one."

When she doesn't say anything, I look up. Jisoo quickly turns away as my eyes meet hers for a second, and looks down.

"Oh no. That's fine. It looks charming."

Hearing that, I grin and look at myself in the mirror.

It was a plain black tux which fit me perfectly.

She smiles and then turns away.

"I guess, I still have to work on me!"

She exclaims, before hiding behind the huge pile of overwhelming, pretty clothes.

I nod and continue staring at myself in the mirror for the next five minutes. At this point, I was excessively happy with my look.

It's fancy.

"Hello I'm Jin. And I'm worldwide handsome," I say, flexing myself in front of the mirror, till a 'ahem' sound catches me off guard.

"Hello worldwide handsome," Jisoo says.

Embarrassed, I turn around to face her. She was wearing a weird neon pink dress with flowers splashed all across it.

"Funny no? I was tempted to try this ugly dress on and see whether someone would actually wear this kinda shit. And by that look *points at me* I'm guessing no one."

I burst out laughing. I was trying to hold it in all this time and ended up looking like a queer animal. She sees me and starts laughing too.

"Oh look! A matching tux!" She throws her hands on a similar neon pink tux, with flowers.

Oh no.

"No. No. No. I'm not."

She smirks and pushes it toward me even more.

"It'll be funnyyyyyyyyy PLEASEEEE. A pretty pretty pretty please," she says, with puppy eyes and a pout.

"Ugh fine. But promise me. NO PICTURES."

She giggles and quickly nods.

I grab it from her hand and change into it.

Jisoo pov:

He comes out after a minute, looking as ridiculous as I have ever seen him. Wow! I start laughing and he does too. However, it's more of a cautious laugh.

My eyes flutter to his.

Nah, I was wrong. His eyes ruin the entire ugliness of this outfit. Gahhhh.

"Okay, picture timeeee!"

Before he could realise that I wasn't joking, I already have clicked 5 pictures. Also, really funny ones.

"AHAHHAHAHAHAH" I burst out laughing, while he tries snatching the phone away. Literally hugging me, while doing so.

But I guess, we were both focused on something else.

I laugh and laugh but he wasn't able to snatch away my phone. Finally, when he has given up, I calm myself down and smile.

"I won't show it to anyone." I reassure him.

He rolls his eyes.

"Then, why keep it?" He asks.

I shrug.

"I want some memories of our friendship."