eight: freakouts & car rides

Start from the beginning

From Boyfriend: Charli. I love you. Don't ever leave me. Please answer your phone baby. - 2:41 pm

From Boyfriend: Charli. Fucking. Answer. Your. Phone. Woman. - 2:59 pm

From Boyfriend: Are you with someone else? - 3:09 pm

From Boyfriend: If you don't answer, I'm going to call Gram. - 3:30 pm

From Boyfriend: Charli. I'm calling Gram. - 3:38 pm

From Boyfriend: I just got off the phone with Gram. What the fuck is wrong with you? - 3:41 pm

From Boyfriend: Why aren't you answering me? - 3:41 pm

From Boyfriend: CHARLI... Please answer me? What's going on? - 3:42 pm

The last text was from 15 minutes ago. Shit. Why did I put my phone on silent? I quickly opened the phone app and quickly tap on his name.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello?"

"Hey Zayn. Sorry, I was sleeping-"

"What the fuck?"

"Zayn, my phone was on silent. I didn't hear it go off."

"Charli I've been trying to call you for hours now!"

"I'm sorry. I was really tired and-"

"Why didn't you answer any of my messages or calls!?" he shout into the device.

I was silent. Are you kidding me? "Zayn, did you not hear me? My phone was on silent! I didn't hear it go off! Don't fucking yell at me."

He was silent.

"I'm good, by the way. Thanks for asking," I mumbled. "What do you want?"

"Charli, I'm sorry. I was just worried."

"About what?"

"I don't know... that... something happened."

"Like what happened?" I quietly spoke into the phone.

"I don't know, like you were out with someone else... or something... I don't know-"

"You think I was out cheating on you? That's why I didn't answer my phone?"

"I-"

"You are a dick, you know that? I have never cheated on you, and I never will. That's not the kind of girl I am. Don't you dare accuse me of something you damn well know isn't true, Zayn. Fuck you for doing that."

"I know, I'm sorry. But you always answer your phone. I was just worried..."

"But not when I'm sleeping..." I was getting irritated, and I'm sure that it was evident in my tone. "Zayn, that's horrible..."

"I'm sor-"

"You know what, Zayn? You should be sorry!" My voice was rising. I stopped talking, and took a deep breath, exhaling loudly. "What gives you the right to yell at me for absolutely no reason?"

More silence. He knows I have a point.

"I know you don't want to speak to me, but I'll be there at seven."

"Why?"

"It's Friday, Charli. Our first show is tonight at 12 Bar."

"Shit," I mumbled, pulling the phone away to look at the calendar quickly. "It's Friday already?"