chapter 26

Sadhvi's pov:

When i was about to leave that place i felt a hand grabbing mine.

I turned around only to see Siddarth holding my hand.

I can see that he is angry.

May be very very angry.

Because I have never seen him like this. One can be terrified just with a look from him now.

He clenched his jaw.... I can even see his veins popping on his hands due to his clenched fist.

He is looking like a monster on a rampage.

Did he hear their words?? Is that the reason for his anger?

But I don't want him to do anything now in this situation.

I hold his hand and applied force to drag him out of there.

But he did not even budge from there.

"Siddarth.... Can you please come with me,  I want to talk to you. " I said to him in a soothing manner.

He did not respond to me.....

"Come on Siddarth it is important. "I said convincing him.

He gave me a look.....that is enough for me to shut my stupid mouth.
He really is looking terrifying.
I should never anger him in future.... I mentally noted.

Suddenly he dragged me to the guests who just badmouth me.

"Hello aunty..... I just heard whatever you were saying.... No no badmouthing my wife. " he said in a calm tone.

She looked startled.

"I didn't said anything wrong.... She really is bad luck that is why your grandma passed away as soon as she entered this house. "

I bit my lips hearing that. I can feel my eyes turning blurry.

"Is it?I don't think she is bad luck.
I think.... No I am sure that you have a foul mouth. "Sid said smilingly as if he was praising her.

She looked shocked..... Not only her many of them were shocked including me.

I thought he would confront her and make a scene. I never thought that he would do it in a calmer way.

Few even giggled at that bad aunty.... She looked furious.

"Where is your father?.... Is this the way to talk to your guest? " she shouted.

"If it is right then even you can't badmouth and criticize your host.... She is my wife and you don't have any rights to talk about her. " Sid also raised his voice.

Wow..... I feel like female lead in k drama..... I am really touched that Siddarth was defending me.

Hearing the commotion Dad and mom came.

"What happened? "They both asked me.

I was about to say that aunty interrupted me and said

"Niyati....this is what you have teached your son?  Raising voice at elders..... So disrespectful. "

Mom looked at Siddarth questioningly.

"No mom.... She is lying. She is at fault. "I said.

Mom looked at me and nodded.

"Reena ji.... Without knowing about issue I won't scold my son. I teached him well that I know he will not do a mistake. " mom said in a no nonsense tone.

"You think I did a mistake? "she furiously said.

"Yeah aunty.... You are the one at fault. Aren't you the one bad mouthing Sadhvi calling her bad luck, reason for grandma 's death?oh...and also she doesn't deserve me where as Rita does. "Sid told mom.

"I just stated the facts. She is nowhere near to my Rita. "She said with arrogance .

Now even mom looks furious like she is ready to spit fire.

" My daughter in law is the best one anyone could ask for. She is beautiful  and also intelligent. Not like some Rita who does nothing but applying bags of makeup.

Are you saying Sadhvi is the reason for Mom's death?

Then you have to check yourself at doctor before stating your so called facts...... Because they are nothing but bullshit.

We already know mom doesn't have much time.... Sid's marriage with Sadhvi is her last wish.

So we will appreciate if you keep your mouth in control. "

Mom is really sassy. She had this aura around her.....

Dad said " Now Sadhvi is my daughter. You said bad things about her so I expect an apology. "

His statement hold the power that there was no hope for rejection.

Reena aunty lowered her head in embarrassment as all are gossiping about her.

Having no choice she muttered a sorry and left from there.

As last rights for grandma were already done in afternoon,After that even all guests left.

Mom cupped my face and said
" Don't feel bad for those words..... They don't even deserve to be anywhere near you. "

I smiled and said " No mom.... I am fine. "

After that mom dad retired to their room. Only Siddarth and me was left in the huge hall.

"I have some work"i said slowly and was escaping from him.... He caught hold of my hand again.

Now I am afraid .....

I mean just now I saw him like that..... Now I am looking at him in different light.

"Don't even try to escape..... Do you think it will work with me"He glared at me.

I gulped and nodded my head as no.

"You should be the one confronted that aunty.... But you were a crybaby. "He stated.

I was biting my lips to not say anything. But how can he say that I am a crybaby..... It is really not fair.

"What happened.... Cat got your tongue? "he mocked me.

"I just didn't want to make a scene when all are sad for grandma. "I said.

He didn't even react to my words.... Just started at me.

And finally said "You said you have work....you can go do that. "

I just nodded my head and ran to the kitchen.

I opened refrigerator and took a water bottle.

I drank water and placed my palm on my chest calming myself down.

I really thought he would scold me.

But anyways.... Today Siddarth really looked like hero to me. I mean he always looks like that but today he had that power aura around him.

Wow  I am really lucky to have him..

I giggled at my thoughts.......