Elina's eyes glowed as a rope of white light wrapped around Eric Dragna's body, lifting him a few inches off the ground. He laughed, choking on his breath as the rope tightened around his neck. His eyes glowed red and Elina cried out in pain dropping him and clutching the wound on her stomach.

"Rora!" Aiden eyes glowed as he whispered a spell underneath his breath. A burst of magic energy shot from his hands skyward.

BOOM!

Thunder struck and lightning crackled, striking the earth. Eric jumped away just in time as the ground split open in the place he was stood mere seconds ago. An aura of magic energy emitted off Aiden's body in waves. Eric made a sort of whistling sound and before any of them could react, silhouettes of bodies poured in as if they had been waiting to be called.

Elina grit her teeth and looked around, counting the number. Fifteen excluding her uncle.

"Aid." She called adjusting the sword in her hand. "Remember what I said earlier?"

"Rora this isn't the time to act coy with hi-"

"Forget it all. Take the goddamn bait and scarf it down. Let's show these little bitches what it means to mess with us." She grinned.

Aiden chuckled shaking his head. "Thought you'd never ask, Your Highness."

"Subdue them and bring them over to the base. Quickly." Eric Dragna ordered. He turned around to walk away.

"Going somewhere, Uncle?"

Swords struck each other with a clang. Elina's eyes glowed as flames enveloped her sword. She managed to nick his arm deep enough to make him cry out in pain. Two people came at her from behind. Elina poised her hand toward them, palm out. A ball of fire hit the first person who toppled over the other. She tried to ignore their screams of horror and looked for Aiden. She managed to shield him from incoming spells as she fought off Eric's cronies.

"Get those goddamn shackles!" Eric yelled annoyed. His eyes glowed a deep red as magic energy gathered in his palm. Without another thought, he aimed the spell at Elina, throwing her a feet meters away.

Thunder rumbled from the sky followed by a flash of lighting. The deep, dark sounds shook the ground with its intensity. Aiden's eyes glowed brighter than ever.

"I told you not to touch her." He growled. From the corner of his eyes, he saw people advancing toward Elina with chains in their hands and moved to help her. From a distance Aiden heard the unmistakable roar of his dragon. It was followed by high pitched pained whines that only seemed to get louder. Aiden had never heard Glace make such noises before. "What are you doing to my dragon?" He demanded.

Eric chuckled. "The same thing I'm about to do to you and what I did to your other...allies."

His soldiers threw the chains at them. Aiden watched in astonishment as they glided in clean like his shield wasn't even present.

"Don't bother. It cancels out all your magic tricks." Eric called out.

It was true. Elina couldn't call her magic forth at all. She felt it like a little spark deep within but for the life of her couldn't bring it alive. "Why are there so many of them?" She panted.

She missed a person sneaking behind her while fighting off the rest. The chain looped around her ankle and she fell as the person dragged her towards himself. She kicked and struggled against him but he managed to hold her down by digging his knee into her back. Elina felt tears gather in her eyes when the shackles clasped on her wrists and neck. Her skin felt like it was being pricked by a thousand needles at once and the heat. Skies, the heat.