f o r t y f o u r

Start from the beginning

"No!" Elina interjected. "I don't want them to-"

"Don't be stupid!" Hailey snapped. "The medicine that the Guardian gave you will only help flush the poison out if it hasn't been inside you for very long. You should have told me you were going through something when it started ages ago. Is it so hard for you to ask for help? We already lost so many people. We haven't heard from Stella and Zach in so long, if they're even alive at this point. And you -" Hailey paused. "Elina you're literally dying as we speak! There are people out there losing their lives to protect you. Do you understand the gravity of the situation?"

Elina looked taken aback. "I-I understand and I'm sorry for keeping it from all of you. But I really didn't know what it was myself. There is so much tension already with people going missing and I just didn't want to add on to it especially if it was nothing." She said. "Look Hailey, I promise to tell Nana everything once this is all over. But if what I suspect is true then, Melissa knows the whereabouts of my uncle. He has opened the gate for all the disasters happening right now and I am the only key that knows how to shut the lock closed. If we find him or lure him to us then, we can finally put an end to this thirteen old war."

When Hailey didn't say anything, Elina took her hands in hers.

"Wouldn't you do the same thing in my place? Put your life on risk if it meant that it could save countless others? I know for a fact, that if something happens to me then I have all of you to rely on but what about those innocent people out there. They're not even a part of this war. They're just being dragged in and killed against their will. The only crime they committed is having me as their Princess but even that isn't their fault. So please...please trust me on this."

"You have to tell Aiden atleast. He's going to feel it soon, if he doesn't already. Whatever you're planning to do, you need help considering your condition. And god forbid, if something happens to you and I'm not around to explain then you need somebody you can trust to help you. Aiden's your best option. He's an extremely powerful mage and royalty at that. I know you haven't seen him in action but trust me, he's your key, especially if it is to protect this kingdom and you."

Jason and Kyle made their way to the Crown Prince's chambers once Kyle exchanged his bloody clothes for clean ones and took a quick shower to get all the grime off his body

Jason and Kyle made their way to the Crown Prince's chambers once Kyle exchanged his bloody clothes for clean ones and took a quick shower to get all the grime off his body. Julian had popped in to inform them that the Princess was ready to take visitors just minutes before.

"I still can't wrap my head around to the fact that you have powers now." Jason told Kyle. The brunette boy shrugged.

"It's been a long day for everyone. This place is really cool."

Jason snorted. "You would be only person to ever think that the palace is cool."

"Ellie still gets lost in here, doesn't she?" Kyle said.

"You know her better than I do. She has Jule-Sir Julian to escort her around now though. So I think she's fine." Jase replied.

"The dark haired, green-eyed soldier?" Kyle asked.