Chapter 17:Reunion

That night Moses learned the truth about who he was. When Moses opened his eyes, it was as if he'd been turned into a living hieroglyphic. He sees what looks like his father carved into the. The Pharaoh points at Moses and he runs as guards chase after him and hides behind some reeds as they pass him by.

He watches horrified as they march into what looks like the homes of the slaves, where he had been only moments before. He watched shocked as the guards tore infants from the arms of there mothers and ran off with them to gods knows where.

He sees a women and two children hiding behind a building. The women rushes past him and he chases her across the stone fall. He finally arrives at a mural of the river as he peers out from behind some painted reeds.

He sees the women placing two babies into two separate baskets. He sees one of the babies grab her finger, but she pulls her hand away. He couldn't tell what the baby looked like, but its skin was a lot lighter than its mother.

He watched as the baskets floated away and the woman began to cry. He began to cry as well. Suddenly he was interrupted by the guards who rushed at him. He tried to escape but fell. He heard the screams of the children as they where thrown into the river. Below him where the hungry jaws of crocodiles.

Moses wakes with a start his wide eyes looking around the room. He sighs realizing it had been a dream, and he leans against the column. "Was it a dream, though?" Then he remembered something the mural in his dream....He had seen it before.

He grabs a lit torch and runs off into the darkness of the palace, running through empty hieroglyph covered hallways until......He finally found it. The mural showed his fathers guards throwing infants into the river while hungry crocodiles waited below, their jaws opened wide.

He placed his hand on the wall as he cried. He heard footsteps approaching and realized immediately who it was. "The Hebrews grew too numerous. They might have risen against us." The pharaoh said placing a hand on his sons shoulder.

"Father, tell me you didn't do this." Moses pleaded. "Moses, sometimes, for the greater good, sacrifices must be made." Sacrifices? Moses said shocked. He began to cry. The Pharaoh sighed as he attempted to comfort his son. Oh, my son. They were only slaves. Moses backed away, shaking his head in disbelief as he ran away.

Moses sat watching the cranes as they swam in the water. He sat on the very steps where his mother had found him. "Moses?" He didn't turn around as his mother approached him. "Is this where you found me?" He said his back turned to her. "Moses, please try to understand." She pleaded.

"Is it true?" Is what true? "Do I really have another brother?" She nodded. Why me? She looked at him confused. "Why didn't you take my brother to?" I wanted to, but your brother looked to much like an old friend of you father.