Chapter 16: Moses

The halls of the palace of the Pharaoh were silent and empty, all except for one young man who wandered the halls. This was Moses. Moses was a mischievous young man always getting his older brother Rameses in trouble. 

Unfortunately, today however things might have gotten out of hand and his father yelled at his brother for it. He soon noticed his brother sitting on a nearby statue. He whistled an all to familiar tune. Moses had always assumed this song was something his mother had sang to him when he was little.

"Well, that went well." Just go away. Rameses said angrily. "Could have been worse." Do you know what he called me? Uh...."The weak link in the chain." That's what he called me. "Well, you are rather pathetic." Moses said focusing on a bag he was sewing together.

"Irresponsible, ignorant of the traditions. He practically accused me of bringing down the dynasty." Yeah, I can see it now. "There go the pyramids!" Moses said bursting into laughter. "You can laugh about it!" Said Rameses jumping off the statue.

"Statues cracking and toppling over. The Nile drying up. Single-handedly, you will manage to bring the greatest kingdom on earth to ruin." He joked filling the newly sewn bag with wine and tying it closed.

"Tell me this, Moses. Tell me this. Why is it that every time you start something, I'm the one who ends up in trouble?" As he said this Moses tossed the wine filed bag onto two of his fathers priests down below and ducked out of sight.

The soaked priest looked up at Rameses who stood above them alone. "Ah! Rameses! You're in trouble, young man!" Rameses get down here! I think you owe us an apology. "You might as well." Said Moses holding up a bowl filled with wine. Rameses grinned and dumped the bowl onto the already soaked priests.

"Hey. I figured it out. You know what your problem is, Rameses?" Said Moses. What? "You care too much." And your problem is, you don't care at all, said Ramses spinning his brothers wig around. "Oh, in that case, I suppose you care a lot more than I do that we're late for the banquet, for example."

The two Princes rushed down the hall in a hurry. "I'm done for. Father will kill me." Said Ramses nervously. "Don't worry. Nobody will even notice us coming in." As he says this they walk through the curtain only to be greeted by a large crowd.

"Nobody will even notice." Ramses says angrily. Ramses and Moses's mother approaches them from the front of the platform. Ah, the young princes. She hugs both her sons. "Rameses, you were just named prince regent."

"You are now responsible for overseeing all the temples. I suggest you get over there and thank your father." Rameses nervously approaches his father. Apparently, Moses, someone thought he just needed the opportunity. Moses smiles glad that his father took his advice.

"My Lord Pharaoh. I propose that the high priests offer tribute to their new regent." The Pharaoh smiles. "An excellent idea." Hotep! Huy! He shouts at the two priest. Huy Hmm? The Midian girl. Huy grins. "That's a good idea!"