Nightmares Again

Victoria held herself close in her sleep, muttering with fear. "No...no....stop! No...no!" Victoria screamed and woke up with a shriek. It caused Five to spacial jumped in to check on her. "What is it? What's wrong, did someone break in? Where are they?!" Five growled. "Nothing's wrong, I just had a bad dream." Victoria sighed. "Oh apologies, I just thought when I heard you scream that...." Five trailed. "You thought I was in danger?" Victoria questioned. "Yes but I see that you're not so...I'll just be going." Five stood up to leave but Victoria tugged on the sleeve of his blazer. "Wait, I...I think it's really sweet when you came when you thought I was in danger. But I'm a bit scared to go back to sleep...could...could you stay for a bit?" The red-head asked. "Oh...well...okay." Five replied and perched himself upon the blood-coloured bed. "So, this nightmare of yours...what was it about?" Victoria gulped and her breath hitched a little. "Um...well...I've been having this nightmare for quite some time...and everytime...I'm in the arms of..." Victoria then gasped, she didn't want to say his name. She was afraid it would hurt him. "What?" Five asked in concern. "Nothing! It's nothing!" Victoria exclaimed. "If it keeps frightening you every night, then it's clearly nothing. What is it?" Five replied. "You don't need to know forget I said anything!" Victoria fired back, not wanting to bring it up. "Victoria, tell me." Five stated, his voice getting more stern. "No." She said. "YOU TELL ME THIS INSTANT, MISSY!"

Victoria hid herself under her covers and began to sob softly. Five instantly felt bad for raising his voice and spoke softly to the girl. "Victoria, I didn't mean..." He sighed and then immediately knew why she didn't want to tell him. Five knew Victoria's nightmare was about him. "Your nightmare was about me, wasn't it?" He said with sorrow in his tone. Victoria uncovered her head from the covers and wiped her small tears. "H-H...How did you-" But Five cut her off. "The last time I watched you, you were telling Vanya about your nightmares..." Five told her. "Oh...I'm really sorry..." Victoria muttered. "Tell me." Five said. "What?" Victoria questioned. "Tell me about your nightmares." Five clarified. Victoria took in a sigh and then began to explain, "At first, I would dream of when you first came back in where Dad would sit by a tree, it was exactly how it was! How you whispered horrible things and then drained me of my power...and...that's when things became different. Instead of you disappearing to torture the others, you'd take me in your arms. I wanted to run! But I didn't because you had a tight grip on me. That's how it was for the first few weeks, and then things changed. Sometimes you'd be haunting the halls of the academy, and it was dark and you would hold me in your arms without changing me. You'd stroke my hair and whisper things. That was all you did but I didn't like it and you wouldn't let me go!" 

Five had a pained expression on his face and stared at the girl. "Is...Is that how you see me?" He asked her in a stammer. "I...I..." Victoria murmured. "Maybe I shouldn't be here..." Five said, standing up from the bed. Victoria grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "Five, wait please! I don't know why I keep having these dreams!" Victoria exclaimed in worry. "Well, it shouldn't really come as a surprise, I am known as a monster!" Five spat. "Please, Five, don't go...I...I don't wanna be alone." Victoria cried. "Well, I think the very cause of your nightmares is the very last person you'd want to keep you company!" Five exclaimed in anger. "But you're not the person from my dreams...well, you are, but you're not! It may look like you but it's not the real you! The person from my dreams is a monster and you...well...I'd prefer you any day." Victoria said with a warm smile and Five slowly grinned back. "I can't leave you like this...alright, I'll stay with you until you fall asleep." Five responded with a sigh. "Thank you. Though I'm not really sure I can fall asleep right now..." Five then thought up something and faced the ginger. "I think I know something that might help..."

Five held onto the girl and then in a blue flash, they were up in the stars on a cloud. Victoria felt around, feeling the tuffs of clouds on her. "W-Why are we up here?" She asked Five. "It's a beautiful night, I thought we'd have a look under the stars. And what better way to view them then from a comfortable cloud?" Five answered and then sighed, leaning back into the soft cloud. "Sometimes a little stargazing helps me sleep." He said. "Well, it is beautiful..." Victoria replied as Five stared at her. "Yes you are..." He sighed and Victoria turned to him with a questioning hum. "I-I mean the stars like you said, beautiful! Beautiful like you, y-your eyes!" Five then began to stare into her eyes and saw them begin to shine a little. "Well...what do you know? They really do shine like the stars at night." He muttered. "And they are really shining bright tonight, aren't they? The stars, I mean!" Victoria replied and turned her attention back to the spots in the night sky. "You know Luther can name all the stars and planets and constellations! Every single one of them!" Victoria smiled but then sighed sorrowfully, looking down. "I wish he was here to show them to me..." Five took notice of her sad frown and his breath hitched. "She's not smiling...come on, Five, think!" He said to himself. "Ah, the stars are rather boring when stuck together like that, don't you think?" Five said and snapped his fingers. The stars began to merge together and made a spark. Victoria gasped as she not only noticed that it looked like the sparks when she used her power but also because Five was using his power out of his land. "Look, just like when you used your power when we were kids!" Five grinned. "Five, you promised!" Victoria scowled. "What? I said I would confine my magic in my territory and this is my part of it." Five responded to the red-head.

"I don't think that's how it works...besides, if Pogo finds out..." Victoria said. "Oh, the mutant ape won't mind if I use it for something like that." Five groaned, crossing his arms. "Besides, all I did was make my own constellation." Five pointed to the spark star. "I think I'll call it...Telekinesis Girl Major." He grinned and Victoria blushed a little. "Y-You would name a constellation after me?" She stuttered. "Why not? It's the most fascinating thing up there!" Five chuckled. "It is kind of...neat..." Victoria said as she analysed the constellation. "See, my power can be used for good things." Five responded. "How is rearragning the stars into a spark in the night sky a good thing?" Victoria asked with a giggle. "Well, it doesn't have a spark. I can make into something else for a very special somebody." Five smirked. "What do you mean?" Victoria questioned. "You can read, right?" Five asked and merged the stars into something else. Victoria began to read what he had made. "Do you love me? Check yes or no." Victoria then gulped, he didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Here you go, my dear. Take your pick, yes or no." Five said. It was only silence that filled the atmosphere and after a few minutes of waiting, Five's fist began to tighten in small anger. "I'm sorry..." Victoria whispered. "No, it's fine!" Five exclaimed. "No, I'm really sorry, I just don't feel that way about you yet..." Victoria said in woe. "Forget it." Five said and sat with his back to her. Victoria sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder, sitting beside him. "But I'm willing to accept you as a friend." She stated with a warm smile. "A...friend?" Five said in confusion. "Of course, after how sweet you've been today, it's the least I can do." Victoria smiled. "Oh, well I...have never really had a friend before..." Five sighed.

"Well, now you do and I'm sorry." Victoria replied. "For what?" Five asked the girl. "I was wrong about you, you're not a monster." The red-head said. "How is it possible for somebody like you to exist?" Five questioned in question. "What do you mean?" Victoria responded, confused. "You...that is...nobody has ever wanted to be friends with me. Even if they had, I wouldn't have expected somebody as lovely as..." Victoria then felt something on her hair, Five had been stroking her hair with awe in his eyes. "Why are you stroking my hair?" She asked him. Five snatched his hand back and blushed a little. "O-Oh, was I? I'm sorry, I didn't-" Victoria put a finger on his lips. "I didn't say you could stop." She giggled. The two then began to laugh with each other before Victoria yawned. "I'm getting a little sleepy..." She muttered. Five layed her on the soft cloud, moving some hair out of her face. "Here, you can sleep. I'll watch over and make sure nothing gets to you." He said, laying next to her. "Thanks...goodnight." She muttered. "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite." Five said with a smile. Five then began to feel a little sleepy too and fell asleep next to her. On the cloud, they both slept peacefully with Five not realising he had his arm around her waist.