B i l a n g XCI

CONTENT WARNING
TRIGGER WARNING
This chapter may contain scene that may not be suitable for others.

"C-cecilà!" I saw how the Duke Ariese fall to the ground infront of me, hugging lady Cecilà.

I frowned not knowing what's happening.

"Cecilà!" I got back to reality when I saw blood from lady Cecilà's mouth.

All the anger I almost forgot came to me. Why the hell I was waiting for my own father to kill me again? I must have gone mad again!

But it wasn't the issue. Without adieu I pulled the Duke's sword and pointed it on Lilliene who looks startled with what's happening.

I moved towards her and slightly slash her throat enough for a blood to leak. I saw how did she tremble.

"D-don't.. Cecilà." The Duke's pleading voice got my attention. It was like a fuel to my anger. My heart broke.

I bit my lower lip and slowly push the heavy sword, piercing it to Lilliene's chest.

Tears fell from my eyes as her blood leak infront of me.

"Arthia!" I saw how the Marquis tried to grab the sword so it won't hurt his daughter anymore, I saw how his blood leak for his daughter. I let the sword fall making a loud sound.

"L-lady Cecilà!" I cried when I fell on the ground. "What are you doing?!" I crawled to her.

Her eyes, her tender eyes look at me and she smiled.

"I told you, I-i'll try to lessen t-the tragedy." She whispered. With her cold bloody hands, she caress my cheeks. "Y-you're so beautiful Arthia." She whispered then look at the Duke, a different set of eyes were given to the Duke.

It was full of pain and tender at the same time. It's not for me but it's breaking my heart.

She laughed when a tear from the Duke fell.

"Don't you dare leave me again.." The Duke is pleading as tears fell from his eyes. "You promised Cecilà." I looked away.

Looking away I saw a familiar crimson eyes. After, I saw how blood rains above us. I witnessed how Levi slit the Marquis' neck. Lilliene shouts filled the whole place but it was immediately cut off when another blood rain. I closed my eyes to avoid it, another rain of blood and all I can hear is the cry of the two person infront me. I opened my eyes just to see a painful sight.

"N-no!" I shut my eyes tightly when I heard the helpless call of the Duke.

I clenched my fist on my skirt.

I need to wake up, this is not happening.

"B-brandon.." It's not a dream. The light from the fire made me see how lady Cecilà cried as she bid her farewell to her love. "I-i'm glad, I got to write a chapter with y-you, my Duke." She smiled, another batch of blood leak from her mouth.

It's horror.

The guilt and pain was too much. I wanted to stop everything and turn back to time. I want to turn back time to at least be nice to lady Cecilà if I'll ever meet her.

"I love you.." It's was the words from lady Cecilà for her love.

Levi's presence didn't help me.

A loud groan from the Duke, I closed my eyes tightly.

I am supposed to be at lady Cecilà's spot, what has she done?

Until the end she wants me to feel something.. guilt was it?

I wanted to blame her but the pain she has given me was too much.

"Y-you promised.." I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to see a painful goodbye.

Was there a goodbye that isn't painful at all?

"I-i'm sorry Cecilà.. but till you save me again Cecilà." My eyes opened automatically when I heard a rough squish.

"Duke!" My eyes widened when I saw Duke Ariese hugging lady Cecilà with a sword on their bodies.

The sight was too painful to bear but it didn't stop me to crawl towards them.

"Duke!" I shouted. I saw how the Duke slowly let his head fall on lady Cecilà's cold shoulder. "S-save.. save them!" I look up at Levi. All my hope.. my salvation for my guilt disappeared when I saw Levi' expressions.

Dispair and horror.

His white formal suit is filled with blood, holding a sword, looking at the two behind me.

I immediately look down.

I feel disgusted.

I'm disgusted to myself.

I'm not only the author of my own downfall, but also author of the dispair of the people around me.

Now I don't know if this second life is a good thing after all.

••