21| P E R F E C T - W O M A N

Start from the beginning

"Sir, Sir, Mark was spotted by the front Gate!" He yelled. I look down at my father. He was also being told the same thing. Mark is somehow alive, he's here and wanting to get Lexi. I was going to turn to get Lexi, but Gracie pointed out the front door, I saw him. I set my coat over the rail and walk quickly down the tiled staircase, Derek meeting me in the middle.

"Ready to get this over with?"

"For the second time." I spoke. When I opened the big double-leaf door leading to the front Garden I saw a figure wearing a long trench coat.

"How does a man kill another man?" The figure said, "By killing the thing he loves the most." The doors behind me shut, the hooded figure gone.

The sound of the door locking sends me into a panic. I try to open the doors; they rattle but don't budge. I pound on the door, but the music gets louder. Shit, I let them in, I let them right through the front fuc*ing door!

"LEXI!" I screamed. I pound my fist on the door, spit flying from my mouth. I start screaming her name over and over. I could hear rustling going on, yelling from the back of the building, that must be Lexi, if they touch her- don't think about it, don't you dare think about it. Come on think Shane, think, I punch the door with my fist, he is so dead.

I step backwards, in disbelief, the sounds of guns going off make me feel hopeless. They killed her, they really are taking her from me. I run my fingers through my hair, and I begin to pace. The douche bag is going to pay, I will kill every single member of his mafia group, every single person that has retaliated against me will reign in hell. I hope when they close their eyes, they see me in the back of their head. I hope they start having nightmare about me.

"Derek?" I heard Jessica's voice behind me, "Where is Grace?" I look at Derek, then around us, she didn't make it out either. She was right behind me; did they close the doors right after I came out. Shit, the two most important woman in my life are both at the hands of Mark Hall, the most viscous Mafia leader, and I'm stuck out here like a dog on a chain

"Mark is in there and he has Lexi." Mark has taken my home and my woman. I punch the wall this time and scream his name in an absolute rage. I saw colors of red and black and the anger in my veins were growing every second I couldn't assure Lexi's safety. I paced back and forth contemplating on how I could get inside.

"Where is she?" Enzo says behind me.

"I don't know, after... after Lexi accepted my marriage proposal I went to grab some champagne to celebrate. Sh!t. I never made it to the kitchen..." My Family has their hands over their chest. I don't know what in the world I'm going to do without Lexi by my side. I must get her back. I adjust my suit positioning myself to the side balcony,

"Shane, please, please save Lexi." Jessica begged.

The party was once again over.

Lexi

I ran to him; I didn't need to think about it any longer. I missed him so much, I never wanted him to leave me, I never asked for this part of my life I'd rather spend the rest of my life with my mom, dad, and Shane. I look at him with tears running down my cheeks as he brushes my hair comforting me, when he smiles, I saw the color in his eyes change. Two men come through the door; I back up until I hit my backside on the cement railing. They grab my arms, I can't move.

"What are you- Get off of me!" I struggle against them, their strength overtakes mine, I drag my feet on the floor to slow them down,

"SHANE! HELP!" I Cried. I began screaming for Shane as the two men Drag me down the hall. Where is Shane? I look down and saw other men aiming their guns at the party goers They made me stand right in the same spot Shane was holding my hand not too long ago; then the gun fire goes off. My Face illuminates with the explosion of the gunpowder, then watch as the blood paints the walls from innocent civilians. Some of them were running for the doors that couldn't budge. there screams filling the room I closed my eyes; this was awful I can't watch it.

"HOW COULD YOU!" I wept. The room was silent, some of the guns had a smoking tip. The bodies lay on the floor, lifeless. Mark, my father has a smile in the corner of his mouth. I turn my head, one of them was still breathing- I ran to her, I grab her hand.

"Gracie!" I cried. Her blood was falling into the surrounding tiles. It just kept flowing, I look down at her and smile, stroking her head. Keeping pressure on the multiple holes that show through her beautiful gown. She looks at me,

"Is it bad?" I shake my head no. She tried to laugh but it was just blood, how could they, my best friend, my other me, she doesn't deserve this. I lay down next to her, comforting her as the color of her skin gets whiter and whiter until her chest stops rising and my chest starts shaking. I felt my heart being ripped out of my chest, the bathtub drain has been pulled and the tears won't stop. I couldn't stop screaming her name, I covered the whole where the blood was coming out of. It hit her lung, those bastards, she must be so scared. I was soaking my big blue beautiful dress in my best friend's red crimson blood. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I flick it off, stand up, snot coming down my nose.

"I HATE YOU! YOU KILLED HER! YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND YOU BASTARD!" I went to take a swing at my father, but the men surrounded me, poking my skin with a needle. I landed right next to Gracie; her eyes were open staring right into mine. They are going to pay for this, I promise.

I guess I was right, something really was off about that night, I never thought I'd see my father- but something about him just doesn't feel right, still. It's almost like my dad is possessed but by some dark persona. Unfortunately, this isn't a magical fairy tale where something could do that.

I woke up isolated in a cold room, I turn my head and see the IV bag dripping, the wires connected to me, it must be poison, I rip them out of my arm. My eyes burn and my lips feel swollen, Gracie is dead, and Shane isn't here. Where is my mom? I sit up and notice the chains wrapped around my ankles, they are keeping me like a prisoner. I look down at my shaking hands, my mind is flooded of the images of the bodies lying on the floor, a massacre and no one heard it for miles, or did they just not notice?

The door opens and a large man appears, it's my father. I stand up quickly, I can't even look at him.

"It's too bad you had to get caught in the middle of this little star. It was never supposed to turn out this way." He motions for the men to take off the shackles, they grab the key from him and unlock the metal chains from my ankles, now would be the perfect time to escape... But I didn't do anything. The men leave and close the door behind them. It's just me and him, I never thought my dad would be the bad guy, never say never they say. He sits in the wooden chair, looking at me. I swallow my spit, my hands rest at my thighs, he even smells evil, he smells like dirt. I sniffle, he can't know I'm scared- I guess I'll pretend like Shane is watching, I can't let him down.

"You're supposed to be dead." I spoke. he nods his head; the room was silent. He looks down on the floor, I remember a few of things from the book Shane had me read- the word that's mentioned most in the book, observation. I observe the shift he makes in his chair, I observe the corner of his mouth, every time I have called him father his mouth twitches. He catches me looking at him, he leans over, clasping his hands. The sleeve on his shirt moves up to his shoulder revealing the bottom part of a tattoo, interesting...

"They all deserved it." He spoke. I quickly turn my head, how dare he- they did nothing wrong.

"You're the DEVIL! If anyone deserves death, it's you!" He got up from his chair, walking closer to me, I back up towards the wall.

"Watch it. That's not how you should speak to your dear old dad now is it?"

"What do you want with me!" I yell. Before he shuts the big metal doors, blocking the light from coming in, now I'm alone and in the dark. I sit on the dirty bed, bringing my feet to my chest, I look down, there is a small light coming from the bottom crack of the door, its light directs me to a black rock. I slide off the bed, bend down, this isn't a rock, it's coal. I walk further towards the back of the whatever I'm in. I bent down and begin to draw what I saw on his arm. If this is my dad, he has a tattoo on his right shoulder. I don't remember what it looks like exactly, but I'm sure I can piece the drawings together one by one.