21| P E R F E C T - W O M A N

Start from the beginning

I look around waiting for Lexi to be finished, when will he show his face? When will I have to put my pistol against his forehead, I want to pull the trigger and hear his skull being broken. I want to see the life drain from his face as I laugh because I finally won.

6 YEARS AGO

I set up a meeting with Mark last week to go over the contract, the one that says I can marry his daughter when she turns 18. I hold the paper inside this briefcase, I protect this brief case as if it held one million dollars inside. but this is the fate of me and my Woman. I knock on the door of their Californian home, the gate stands tall, this house is beautiful. Jessica opens the door, Alexi standing behind her, she smiles screaming my name. She hugs me, but I notice Mark standing on their balcony looking down at me. Do they not tell Lexi what my occupation is? Being 21 and running the Mafia isn't as easy as they make it seem that is for sure.

I walk past Lexi and Jessica going straight up to Marks office. I open the door, he's typing away, his sleeves are rolled past his elbows, a cigarette was just put out, it's still smoking. I sit down in the chair across from his desk. I open the briefcase, laying out all the papers.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I look at him, this was the reason why we set up this meeting right? I cough and sit down in the chair. I stack the papers onto each other, I place the briefcase down near me. I light my own cigarette, I puff on it before I put it between my fingers.

"Are we here to do some f*cking business or do you want to paint my fingernails and stroke each other's cocks?" His head slowly turns to mine, a small smirk painted across his face. He grabs the papers and begins to read over them. If I am going to run the Mafia, I need to act like I care. But I'm only doing this for one reason, and one reason only. He goes on to point out crucial mistakes in this contract, but I cut him off.

"You do know I'm going to have to kill you if I want to be with Lexi." He looks up at me, I continue.

"There can only be one Mafia King, I'd showcase your head to the whole world if that's what it took." This conversation has drastically changed since a few years ago, I won't deny anything now, Lexi needs me. It's a bit dark but I'm in love with his daughter. Her smile could light up a whole city.

Present day

I laugh at the boy back then. He was ruthless, he knew what he wanted, after I killed Mark, I thought my job was done, I should have showed his head to the whole word, because at least then, I'd know for sure he didn't live. What good does a boat explosion do?

A few hours in...

She disappeared as I showed the ring, the crows gasped, I watch as she runs away again. At first, I was upset, but when I saw her throwing up over the balcony, I knew something was wrong. She's been pale since she got here, I stood up, look towards the guest, microphone in my hand.

"Lexi is not feeling the greatest, dance your souls away while we make sure she's alright." Gracie rushes past me and right to Lexi who's sitting down. I follow her, Gracie hasn't spoken to me since I came back. In fact, every time I ask her to do something the look she gives me, is the look of death. I grab a bottle of water from a masked waiter. What is up with all the masks? I look at him, his eyes looking straight into mine. I shake my head and walk to Lexi handing her the bottle. I turn my back towards Lexi, I place my hands in my pockets.

"Leave us Gracie." I could hear her grunting as she removes herself from this conversation. When I hear the door close, I look at Lexi, she looks like she's about to cry, she's still so pale.

"There is Something you should know about me Lexi..."

I have never felt this happy, she put that ring on her finger, she told me what she wanted and that was to be with me. I told her I was going to grab some champagne from the kitchen... that's what I was intending at least, but I never got there.