POV - 6

The Interview

"Welcome everyone. This is the late late show, I'm you host, James Corden, and boy do we have a treat for you guys tonight!" James says and smiles brightly

The audience shouts and whistles, some of them calling out Harry's name.

"Yeah, you're right!" James points to a member in the audience. "It definitely is Harry alright. So without further ado, please welcome my first guest for tonight, Mr Harry Styles."

Harry comes walking through the curtain and down the stairs through the crowd. He waves to the people around him and shakes their hands as he makes his way towards James in the front.

Harry thanks everyone and then he sits down.

"So H, what a year this has been, hey?" James starts. "A new album, 7 music videos, 4 grammy nominations and then 4 grammy awards." he continues, and Harry shyly drops his head, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah." Harry confirms and gives James a dimpled smile and the audience cooes.

"Yeah, and I mean we can go on for ages about everything that happened in your life this past year, but I know there is something new that happened only recently. Something everyone has been talking about since this morning." James now says.

"Yeah, he's a taken man now!" Someone from the audience yells out.

Harry looks up and smiles brightly.

"Yes," James confirms "You're a taken man now. Congratulaions. Don't forget my invite to the wedding." Harry's eyes went wide and then he smiles shyly again. He may or may not have imagined Louis walking down the isle towards him in that moment.

"Indeed, I am officially a taken man, and I couldn't be happier. We are still getting to know each other, but I'm enjoying every second of it." Harry says looking at James, still smiling.

"I am truely happy for you, H. You deserve all the happiness life has to offer you. You're always out there making everyone else happy, I'm just happy, no actually, I'm ecstatic about the fact that someone is finally making you happy!" James says and the audience erupts into cheers.

"Me too," Harry now says after the audience has settled down.

"Well, are you going to tell us the name of the person making you this happy, or are you going to keep us in suspense for the rest of the show?" James asks and it suddenly dawns on Harry that he never discussed this with Louis. He doesn't know if it will be okay for him to mention to the world that he's dating Louis.

"We've not actually discussed the matter, so I'm not quite sure if he'll be okay with me telling the world. But I guess if you're following the correct social media pages, you might be able to figure it out soon." Harry chooses his words carefully.

James winks at Harry, who then nods in return. "A 'he' you say?" James then says, wiggling his eyebrows and Harry starts blushing.

"Yes," Harry takes a deep breath, "as you all know, I've been supporting the lgbtq+ community throughout my career. And I've received a lot of support for doing so." He starts and the audience is quiet, not wanting to miss a word "but the thing is, I'm actually very much part ot this community, and I couldn't be more proud." Harry says, still looking at James who is leaning with his head on his hands, lost in Harry's little story. "For a long time I thought I was bisexual, but recently it became clear to me that I am one hundred percent gay for him." Harry proudly admits.

"I am so happy for you, H. From what you've told me earlier, he sounds absolutely wonderful." James says and the audience again erupts into cheers.

"He is. He's such a strong, caring, loving, beautiful, kind person. I still can't believe that he actually likes me. One of his friends calls him 'an angel walking amongst us' and I couldn't agree more." Harry adds, remembering Liam's birthday message to Louis.

"That is beautiful Harry. And what's more, you've already written him a song?" James asks and Harry nods.

"I have indeed." Harry says, smiling at James, a feeling of relief washing over him.

"Gosh, you are so cute when you're in love H!" James teases and Harry's eyes goes big. James was not far off though, Harry could definitely feel himself falling for Louis more and more every time they are together.

"Thank you, James." Harry says smiling shyly again.

"So," James then continues. "You will be singing this song that you've written for him tonight then?"

"I will indeed. This will be the first time I'm singing it to anyone. I would have loved for him to be here, but I know he's watching from home." Harry says before he gets up from where he was sitting and walks over to the platform where the microphone has been set up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, put you hands together for Harry Styles, performing his brand new single, Home." James says and again the crowd erupts into cheers and whistles.

Harry looks straight into the camera and starts singing.

Make a little conversation
So long I've been waiting
So let go of myself and feel alive

So many nights I thought it over
Told myself I kind of liked her
But there was something missing in her eyes

I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart
But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

So hot that I couldn't take it
Want to wake up and see your face
And remember how good it was being here last night

Still high with a little feeling
I see the smile as it starts to creep in
It was there, I saw it in your eyes

I was stumbling, looking in the dark (ohho)
With an empty heart
But you say you feel the same
Could we ever be enough?
Baby we could be enough

And it's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

Baby we could be enough

It's alright
Calling out for somebody to hold tonight
When you're lost, I'll find the way
I'll be your light
You'll never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

30 December