Wait For Me To Come Home

Start from the beginning

It took less than two days for the hope to flow away, he had messed up. Badly. It had been another weapon theft at the same building. Or at least a building with the same symbols, and he had failed. His hope to see the other bionic teens again had distracted him from the task at hand. He tripped and set off the alarms. There were too many guards, even for him. And so he had to abort the mission. Yet, he took the time to look at the large group of armed men chasing him down the hallway to the place where Chase knew the helicopter would be waiting for him, just to see if he could see the two bionic teens again. He didn't even realise it when he did it.

As soon as the self-flying helicopter touched the landing area Douglas had in the backyard, he exited the vehicle. He knew what was coming. The last time he hadn't finished a mission was over four years ago. He still had the scars. However, he was not prepared for this. Douglas decided to use a weapon this time, but not one he had made or even stolen. A regular weapon. A knife. And for some reason it scared the shit out of Chase, seeing the blade in the light of the basement he had been raised in. He turned his head and saw the fresh blood in a puddle on the ground, he felt like he was going to throw up. Where the other weapons Douglas had used on him brought him physical pain, the knife managed to achieve not only this but mental pain as well. The hightech weapon wouldn't be used on a normal person as punishment, it kind off felt like a reassurance that he would be more likely to take it, that he was made to take it. The knife, however, was a non-bionic weapon, he wasn't trained to withstand this. Because seriously, who would charge at him with a knife?

The blade slid through his skin like it was paper, and damn it hurt so bad. The boy did something he hadn't done since that time four years ago, he blacked out.

"I am s-sorry," his voice was small and ge knew Douglas hated it when he showed weakness. He wasn't trained like that. "It won't happen again, I promise," it was a lie. He knew it was, he longed to see people like him. The teens. He wanted to re-do the mission, but not because he wanted to succeed. Part of him wanted to fail, to get caught.

"You're useless," Douglas sput at him, disgust was evident in his eyes and after all this time, Chase had never felt so vulnerable. "I can't trust you to do a simple thing! How are you going to fix this, huh?"

"I'll infiltrate into the group, become one of them," he liked how certain his voice sounded, but hadn't really agreed with his words. He knew himself, he couldn't go there and come back. He wouldn't be able to make himself go back into this hell. "I will be able to get you whatever you want," no going back now as he spoke those words.

"Alright, but fuck it up and I'll leave you to die." Well, if that's the worst that could happen then Chase wasn't so scared.

The sun hadn't come up yet, but Chase was hastily packing his bags, some clothes he had never seen before were shoved into the tight compartment. "Hurry up, you're leaving in five minutes," Douglas shouted from across the hall. Chase knew he wasn't waiting for a response, it's not like he could disagree or anything.

He lifted his body into the helicopter, anxious but excited. Douglas had managed to get him some intern job in one of the labs by forging his papers. He now had a last name; Daniels. Chase Daniels. He never had a last name, it was weird. Part of him wished to never come back to this house, the other part wanted to run back inside. He knew how to behave in here, not out there. It was so different from what he had done so far. But his curiosity got the best of him as he buckled up and leaned back, clutching his bag tightly agains his chest.

"Don't fuck this up," Douglas said as he slammed the door shut.

"Daniels. Chase Daniels," he answered when the women asked for his name. She was a couple years older than Chase and wearing a white lab coat. He still held onto his bag like his life depended on it.