Misconceptions

Hello!

I didn't really want to have to update the book twice in one day but there have been a few questions about the previous chapter. This update is to clear up any misconceptions the previous chapter might have left in its steed. 

Essentially, the arc we are currently in, which I've dubbed 'The Return to Marley' arc, runs parallel to the 'Uprising Arc' in the Anime. (First half of season 3)

If you're skeptical about having the characters go back to Marley, here are some reasons they would have had to return in the first place:

1. In order for Ymir to have been eaten by Porco, the group of people would have had to return to Marley. It wouldn't be plausible for Marely to have sent Porco over just so that he could receive the abilities of the Jaw Titan and then immediately return (as Porco was not present in the 'Return to Shinganshina Arc's' battle whatsoever")

We know for a fact that this happened because in the letter given to Historia, Ymir literally says that she's going to die after wring her letter. As mentioned before, it would be unreasonable for Marley to have sent Porco to the island just to get the powers of the Jaw Titan.

2. Marely would not have just sent Pieck over to the island all nilly willy. Clearly, the Warriors would have had to return to give a report to the government to be allowed to have Pieck travel over to the island with them.

3. There is a large time skip between the first and second half of season 3. I don't think the group of Warriors would just sit within the walls and idly wait for the Paradisians to attack. They would return to their homeland, give a report, and then come back.

IN CONCLUSION:

The fight between Levi and Zeke has not yet happened, Bertholdt is not dead yet, and Eren has not plugged the hole in Shinganshina.

That stuff will all happen due time.

If you're still confused, feel free to send me a message and I will do my best to clear up any misconceptions.